• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Problem with Innovate Wideband Gauge - Error Code 2

With leaded fuel your kind of shooting in the dark as to how long it will last.
In our race car some sensors (both NTK and Bosch) last for months.. some last for 1 pass, then they are toast. We've had NTK sensors not even last for the time we warm the car up in the morning.
Lead on any wideband sensor, and I do not care who makes it, kills it... just a matter of time and that time is random.
There is nothing wrong with the Innovate electronics, nor the sensor, nor anyone elses electronics or sensor.
NONE of them are made to run with leaded fuel.

My guage went out of wack this last ride..............What sensor do they use on these innovate stand alone guages? Is it the bosch 17014? Thanks,it reads fine at idle but then go crazy high after that.

ken_climb said:
My guage went out of wack this last ride..............What sensor do they use on these innovate stand alone guages? Is it the bosch 17014? Thanks,it reads fine at idle but then go crazy high after that.

Thats the right sensor Ken.

No problems with mine yet. Have about 800 miles on it running 70 30 92 unleaded and c-10

When my sensor went out, it didn't read anything except a code, think it was e8. Mine goes wacky at full throttle sometimes.

My sensor lasted about 850 miles, with a mixture of leaded and unleaded, early on.

Two weeks ago in the UP, I put about 240 miles on the first day and the gauge worked fine all day. Parked the sled about 7 PM and guage was working fine. Next morning it was about 5 degrees F and it never did work after that.

It would show all 0's and sometimes flash the 8 code, which says the sensor has been overheated. My sensor is only about 3 inches downstream of the rear mount turbo, but if it was overheated, you think it would have had the problem the day before while running the sled.

I think it was Ted J who stated some time back that water can kill the sensor in no time. Just wondering if its condensation as much as the leaded gas.

My sled did not have any lead for the previous 400-500 miles. I've been running a mixture of VP 103 unleaded and 93 pump gas.

I personally would rather pi$$ in the wind as opposed to relying on the Innovate wideband. When they are working I believe them to be accurate but mine is never that dependable. three o2 sensors later it is still erratic ,can never tell when it is going to take a fit. next year I will try another brand. ;)! I also have to add in first sensor burned c12 leaded 50/50 mix. next two c10 unleaded fuel .

06 Apex, Innovate, C10 (unleaded), Supercharged, Stock Exhaust, Sensor location 2-o'clock position in main exhaust 1.5" before muffler, Sensitivity is excellent, No issues or failures.

Back