• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Projector headlights

I STILL HATE YOU!!!!!
Lol, looks great and thanks for the update.
Now need to see if Santa brings them... :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
EXACTLY. Hopefully Santa fulfills our wants and needs ;)

Looks WICKED!!!
Old friend had projectors in his Phazer. Couldn't see a single thing at night. Paul, had a black and green Phazer awhile back.
Is there better light output this route?
I have been looking into this as I do ALOT of night/evening riding. 2 adds on Kijiji in Wpg i have on my watch list.
Been reading up on them a little bit.

Looks WICKED!!!
Old friend had projectors in his Phazer. Couldn't see a single thing at night. Paul, had a black and green Phazer awhile back.
Is there better light output this route?
I have been looking into this as I do ALOT of night/evening riding. 2 adds on Kijiji in Wpg i have on my watch list.
Been reading up on them a little bit.
I can't see it being a negative thing as long as you keep the lights at or under 5000-6000k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But for sledding I think 6000 is still way to white-blue. I was looking at 4300-5000 myself.
Shows up all the bumps and dips better at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it true 4300-5000K light up the bumps, whoops ect better than the brighter ones? Create more shadow if you know what i mean?

Is it true 4300-5000K light up the bumps, whoops ect better than the brighter ones? Create more shadow if you know what i mean?

That seems to be the concensus. 4300 is the common lamp in the kits. Some will disagree as it is subjective as to what a person likes or dislikes. I have had 4300K in three different Yamahas with the same result. Literally night/day. HA! These suckers will light up the woods at the perfect color for my eyes.

I
That seems to be the concensus. 4300 is the common lamp in the kits. Some will disagree as it is subjective as to what a person likes or dislikes. I have had 4300K in three different Yamahas with the same result. Literally night/day. HA! These suckers will light up the woods at the perfect color for my eyes.

Don't know what happend there.
It makes a pile of sense to me.
Even in the crotch rocket days I wore yellow lens at night.
Brp hemluts have orange/yellow shades for low light conditions
And
I always use yellow/orange tints for evening riding. So if the light at 4300k omits a mild off white it would/should highlight the terrain :)
Thanks for feedback!!

I have the 4500k in my Phazer and i'll be installing the same set in my Nytro and my Dad's Apex. It's the best mod i've ever done to a sled considering how much night riding I do. I can ride behind someone and outshine their headlight.

I don't think there will be any heat problem. These projectors use standard H1 HID bulbs and the hi/lo shield (bi-xenon) is operated by a small solenoid. They don't produce any more heat than standard HID bulbs. Many people use these projectors to retrofit even smaller sealbeams so I don't expect any heat problem.
How have these held up over the last couple seasons? Any burn outs? Left you on trail in the dark or anything?? I do tons of night driving and I'm seriously in need of something brighter. Also, am I safe to assume the projectors throw the same amount of light but are less annoying to oncoming traffic like just putting hids in place of the bulbs??

How have these held up over the last couple seasons? Any burn outs? Left you on trail in the dark or anything?? I do tons of night driving and I'm seriously in need of something brighter. Also, am I safe to assume the projectors throw the same amount of light but are less annoying to oncoming traffic like just putting hids in place of the bulbs??

You are right, the projectors are way less annoying to oncoming traffic as the "cutoff line" is very sharp which allows you to aim them at the right height. They throw way much more light on the trail as the light output of HID bulbs is much higher and the projectors distribute light much more evenly. I will try to take output shots and post them here.

As for the reliability of the setup, I have had some problems with the relay that switches the lights on. It wasn't properly sealed and ended up freezing, leaving me with no lights. Problem was however easily resolved by replacing the relay. I didn't encounter any other problems and am still enjoying this setup as of today! No burn outs, no flickering, no nothing else!

You are right, the projectors are way less annoying to oncoming traffic as the "cutoff line" is very sharp which allows you to aim them at the right height. They throw way much more light on the trail as the light output of HID bulbs is much higher and the projectors distribute light much more evenly. I will try to take output shots and post them here.

As for the reliability of the setup, I have had some problems with the relay that switches the lights on. It wasn't properly sealed and ended up freezing, leaving me with no lights. Problem was however easily resolved by replacing the relay. I didn't encounter any other problems and am still enjoying this setup as of today! No burn outs, no flickering, no nothing else!
That would be great!! Thanks for the input. I did notice on my new one Saterday there was fog inside my lights. Going to have to inspect further.

OK so this thread is OLD... but I hate the lights on the Phazer. I could just use HID's but the halogen reflector is just simply not designed for HID. I am thinking of painting the inside of the reflector, and the projector shrouds WHITE. No "angel eye" or ring, I dont care for the look of them personally.

Anyone else use a projectors?

found some bi-xenon retrofit projectors with shrouds, for about 90$ CDN on fleabay, (including the HID's and ballasts.)

Its getting colder out....