• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Pulleys/bov Too much boost??

HYB90RID

Veteran
Hey guys,

Trying to figure out what pulley setup/ bov spring I should be using.
Nytro xtx
Stage 1 mpi. 25T top 31T bottom,
Intercooler
Bov ( I think it has 5psi spring in it but really not sure.)
Pistons and rods
Mild head work, Head Shim
Mbrp header
Fuel Pump
420cc Injectors,
PCV
10 tooth extroverts and has some gearing, really not sure what's in there.

Bought the sled used and he was running race fuel with high boost. I'm making it trail ridable. Sea level
I am currently seeing 13.5-16psi to much boost for pump gas. and really don't understand how there can be such a psi difference on a supercharger.

What would be the proper pulley setup to run on this thing. Figured that I shouldn't go anything over 13psi on pump gas but that might even be to high. What do you guys suggest. Should I stay closer to 10-12psi? What pulley setup should I be running?

For the bov spring is there any way to tell which spring I have in there? and which spring I should be using? Is it normal that I hear the bov pretty much all the time while riding like its just letting boost bleed out. Have the bolt almost all the way out.

Thanks a lot guys

Your sled sounds awesome. I'm not a super charger guy but there are many very knowledgable guys here that will help you. Not sure about other bov types but mine uses one spring and then you add washers to condense the spring
to the stiffness necessary.....until it releases pressure during throttle shut off.
I run 10 psi without shim however I run race fuel @ 100 octane. With a shim as you have you are within safe limits of boost at 13-16 running 93.... Maybe a little high for trail riding but it's has to be somewhat insane through the trees.

Barry

I use the mcx head shim from their 240/270 and same pulleys as you. That combo gives me 12psi @ sealevel/8800 rpm. I use only premium pump.

So we ended up putting on a 26T/29T. Seeing like 11psi now which is good enough for me, I know I won't have issues being on pump. Just gotta add some weights to the clutch cause hitting rev limiter.

Back