• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Pulls hard initially then feels slow

markt111

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
all Yamahas
I have an RTX SE with Straightline PCV, header, muffler, Stingray air box mod, Ulmer clutch

the sled is very torquey but doesn't seem to pull so good when running 50+, is that to be expected with these sleds or is something wrong?

I haven't looked at the tune yet although I have been reading on them, will hopefully get to that this weekend, just looking for insight on my expectations I guess??

I have an RTX SE with Straightline PCV, header, muffler, Stingray air box mod, Ulmer clutch

the sled is very torquey but doesn't seem to pull so good when running 50+, is that to be expected with these sleds or is something wrong?

I haven't looked at the tune yet although I have been reading on them, will hopefully get to that this weekend, just looking for insight on my expectations I guess??

Pretty typical.. pulls hard up to about 80 MPH and the shuts off and slow climb to anything over 90 on trail.

lots of drag in the drivetrain slows them down . I just added 4th whl kit and was amazed at how much easier it was to pull the track by hand on the stand. probably gain a couple MPH just with those wheels. next step for me will be clipping every window on the track

lots of drag in the drivetrain slows them down . I just added 4th whl kit and was amazed at how much easier it was to pull the track by hand on the stand. probably gain a couple MPH just with those wheels. next step for me will be clipping every window on the track
If you're looking for top speed I would do a track change. The quiet bumps that the wheels rest on that are on the ripsaw 2 would do more to lose top speed than not having a fully clipped track

I did all the mods you have minus the header and also felt it was still pretty tame beyond 50. My wife's apex just had a lot more fun factor even beyond 50. The cure was putting a 190 hp turbo on it. Now you can easily pull the skis off the ground if you stab it at 70. This is my second year with the turbo and I'm still giggling every time I pin the throttle. You have enough add ons that would make a pretty good down payment on a turbo.

Need to do some clutch work this week, went out yesterday and I was hitting the limiter pretty frequently, maybe I M out of the power range? I’ll be looking into adding weight to my clutches

Back