• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

question about new york registration stickers

jamesc

Pro
new sled never registered before, now registered in NY. i mailed everything to herkimer DMV office and they only sent me the small validation stickers and registration cards. i know there's a larger reflective sticker with the sleds numbers that's required shouldn't they have sent me them at the same time?

Yes you need the large stickers with the reg. number on them. The small one goes in the corner of the one you are missing.

i know i need them but shouldn't they have sent me them with the small validation stickers? do these come from two different offices or something? i'll call herkimer monday but i just figured they would all be sent together. i sent them all the paperwork showing taxes paid and the COA.

They should have come together. Make sure you put it on the cowl and not the tunnel. They will give you a ticket if on the tunnel.

It's because you are out of state.
They expect you to register it in NJ. Out of state sled use the home state's number decals and then the little validation sticker. You'll need to call the DMV office.

Correct. As an example, for a PA-registered sled, you can use the PA number plates with the small NY sticker and be in compliance with NY regs.

BTW - make sure that you install the stickers on the sled in areas allowed by NY. Tunnel mounted stickers are not looked upon favorably in NY.

the sled is not registered in NJ which was indicated on the paperwork i sent them and also by the fact i printed and filled out the sales tax exemption form. i was going to fax the stuff which they say you can do on the website but when i called they said they don't allow faxes anymore. i told them i wanted to pay with credit card so they told me to send a copy front and back of my card which i did.

when all the paperwork got there i got a phone call saying there was no check in the envelope (of course not). told them i wanted to pay by card and they said i didn't sign the line that says "credit card authorization if applicant is not the card holder" which of course i didn't sign because i AM the card holder.

i signed the line that reads "if i am using a credit card for payment of any fees in connection with this application, i understand that my signature below authorizes use of my credit card"

snow permitting i plan on riding in less than a week and hope they get this stuff to me in time

GRRR :die

if there on the sled and not the tunnel but the custom registration lettering is on the sled with they mess with us in ny

Back