• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Question about track drone

nytrose

Pro
can anyone enlighten me on the constant 'drone' that this sled makes coming from the suspension at cruising speeds and on hard pack or powder doesnt make a difference.just curious i dont want to wear ear plugs cause i love the exhaust lol

It's a well known issue with Vectors. It drives me crazy but seems to come a go depending on the trail, snow cover and especially rate of speed. My Vector has an M-10 with a fully clipped 1.5" paddle track and it still has the track howl.

My Nytro doesn't seem to have it as bad.

phazers also do this, it seems to be something with the fx chassis somehow crossed with skid position and a odd track choice.

I had the wife out riding with me saturday night. So speeds never reach over 30 mph with her riding. I noticed the drone too, but that because the engine is quieter then the 2 stroke so it's more noticeable.

You hear all kinds of noise from these sleds because the engines are so quiet. I have a Nytro SE with 300 miles on it. the more I ride it the more I hear different things. like the drive chain, clutch and the track. A 2 stroke motor makes so much noise (machanical and exhaust.) you don't normally hear these things.

vetmxer said:
You hear all kinds of noise from these sleds because the engines are so quiet. I have a Nytro SE with 300 miles on it. the more I ride it the more I hear different things. like the drive chain, clutch and the track. A 2 stroke motor makes so much noise (machanical and exhaust.) you don't normally hear these things.

That's bang on the money!! You don't have that chainsaw screaming bloody murder in your ear anymore!!

Back