• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Quick question about DZUS fasteners on hood with defelctors

tapp1

Expert
I put the 09 windshield and deflectors on my 08 nytro and the bottom 2 Dzus fasteners are to short to clip into the sled. The dealer never mentioned anything about this Are the 09s using a long fastener that I would need to order?

Thanks

Pull the clip-on receivers off and pinch them with some common pliers to adjust for the deflector thickness. The instructions for deflector installation describe doing so.

SB

Another tip. Stop by a dealer and get some steel retainer washers and throw those plastic ones in the trash. You'll be much happier when the studs don't fall out every time you remove the center cowl.

Stewart

Deflector Installation

I just installed my deflectors on my XTX last weekend and also had a heck of a time with the bottom two fasteners. The instructions showed that you are to use one plastic washer between the delfector and the pin and did not mention anything about the metal retaining clip. When I tried running with both the metal retaining clip and the plastic washer there was no way that I could get the pin to engage. I was at the Yamaha dealer at the time so I asked them to look and see if there was a longer pin available. According to them there is not. What I ended up doing was scapping the plastic washer and using the metal retaining clip (so the clips don't get lost when taking the top panel on/off) and the clips are just long enough. Hope this helps.

There are now longer dzus fasteners available that work great and they now come with the side deflectors kits (at least in the US). If you just need the longer fasteneres they are part number 8GL-28386-00-00.

Back