• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

radar run results

170plus

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2021 polaris assault 850,18 sidewinder ltx,14 nitro xtx,06 apex rtx,
had 1000ft radar run today,weather not so great so wasnt a huge turnout but i entered 4 classes with my 06rtx,700 stock multipipe,800 stock,open stock and 700 improved,took 3 1st place and a 2nd ,we tied for 1st in the open stock but the f1000 had a better backup run so they got 1st and we got 2nd,this particular f1000 is far from stock,rumor has it running 190 hp so tying him felt pretty good,the stock f1000 run a 2mph slower than us so the heavy apex did pretty well,we beat the closest machz by 3mph,no new 800xp were there,one guys excuse was there are no studs available,i think i couldve taken about 10 1st place trophies if i wouldve entered all the classes but where do i keep them all,i will post a pic of sled and trophies as soon as the weather breaks and i get it off hte trailer and back into the garage,we are getting pounded right now ,weather man said 18" plus by tomorrow afternoon so who knows,gonna get it ready for the trails now and go riding

pretty much a total rebuild of the rear skid this year,im going with a 13.5 x 128 hacksaw track,have to install rail extenders,machine spacers for idlers,install new front drivers,gonna try to get sled to roll,put the air floats back on the front,clutch is all the same,i didnt do a thing different from my big quebec trip last year to the radar run set up ,sled just works great,oh yeah dont forget the wings :Rockon: :Rockon: :Rockon:

Attachments

• t_rtx_airtime_1_128.jpg
    t_rtx_airtime_1_128.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 117
took 3 1st place and a 2nd ,we tied for 1st in the open stock but the f1000 had a better backup run so they got 1st and we got 2nd,this particular f1000 is far from stock,rumor has it running 190 hp so tying him felt pretty good,the stock f1000 run a

Now thats what Yamahahahaha is all about. It took a couple of years to get past that Viper mess but there ain't nothing stock or juiced that will run with em when they hook-up.

Way to go 170plus - by the way Is that your IQ or MPH

170plus comes from my 98 corvette license plate,top speed on the stock c5 was 174mph so i put 170plus on the plate,for studs im running 48 chisels in the middle on every other lug and 144 straight ice picks everywhere else,track is cut to 1/2" lug and the studs are about 7/8" long,i have it all changed over to the 13.5 x 128 track and it seems to hook good and the top speed is still there ,126 on about 1/2 mile run on a warm day and really heavy wet but smooth rrbed ,cant wait to get sliders and track broken in and some nice hard trails,should haul

Attachments

• old school idler wheels.jpg
    old school idler wheels.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 78
this was a pic from last year,notice my old license plates on the wall,i will post a pic of newer set up as soon as i clean sled.very dirty from hauling it around on my trailer

we had runs from 102 to 104 on the 1000ft radar run,the wheels are just the old yamaha style aluminum wheels,just wanted to try something different,not good for several day trips cause they build up with ice awful bad in the holes ,had to machine the blocks to accept the smaller bearings but only took a few minutes once i did the first one

Back