• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rail extensions

Want to stretch my 2010 121 vector to a 136
Some brand of extension do not extend the hyfax, other do such tracks usa. Pros/cons?
Can the snowflap simply be held up/back with a strap or is a tunnel extension needed, rear heat exchanger, bumper all need to be moved back etc..
Will there be a noticeable improvement off trail with a 136 x 1.25 vs 121 x 1.25. No mountain climbing etc, just getting to groomed trails through fields with 2 feet of snow.

I had a 99 vmax SX that I extended from 121 to 136. Huge improvement in hookup, not spinning track so much if I had to ride a ditch or other off trail and it handled the rough trails better. My kit came from mountain performance, unfortunately I hear they are out of business. ( Don't know for a fact) hyfax and tunnel were extended. Their kit had a pipe to cross over the coolant in the rear. I cut the tunnel extension and put in the stock rear cooler. I just extended a viper to a 144. Probably would have been ok with 136. Tracks usa kit. Had to machine extensions a hair to get them to fit. Put in the rear cooler again, had to find hoses at auto parts store to reach new location. Both kits ran slide all the way back.

Attachments

• IMG_20210101_125742539~2.jpg
    IMG_20210101_125742539~2.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 144
This is the viper

Attachments

• IMG_20211123_125852_01~2.jpg
    IMG_20211123_125852_01~2.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 71
extending to 136 will help with flotation off trail and bridge the bumps on trail better. tracks usa used to make a kit with tunnel extension as well as rail extensions. you could also try barn of parts for used parts as he parts out 4 stroke yamaha's and has some nos parts as well. with rail extensions, you only need to move the bumper back on the extension and the flap as most of the rear coolers on 4 strokes are flat against the top of the tunnel when they are there. flap will get eaten without the extension.

if you do not have a track already, you might want to consider a 1-3/8" to 1-1/2" lug track as it will grip better on and off trail vs the 1.25" track.

Back