• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rail Stiffeners

I forsee the toe gussets and the rail braces....
rail braces 5639-981 is the PN for the black ones

I'm gonna need more than the battery to compensate for all the weight I've added on there. To ship the Earth X to Labrador would cost me almost as much as the darn battery, but I'm seriously considering a battery and exhaust swap just to shave off 20lbs to compensate for the additions. I Better hit the treadmill extra hard!! If it helps in snowcross, it'll help in Cains Quest. I'm ordering them now!

Decisions decisions. I was kinda waiting to see what/if SLP came out with anything since they are one of our sponsors anyway. The accountant (wife) says no exhaust or battery...but we added a couple of more sponsors recently so you never know! I also have no ambition of listening to a loud can for 4000km's so it would have to be quiet. I'm guessing I have about a week to make up my mind.

Nytro40th said:
TestMaster said:
Nytro40th said:
I ordered the toe gussets for my sled.

What is a toe gusset? What does it do, protect, or improve?

Thanks Cory!
They mount to the side of the floor board where your foot is positioned. I have them but have not installed them yet, to busy riding lol

Looks like they reinforce the sled where the tunnel and front frame meet, probably a wise investment for the few dollars they cost, especially if you are an aggressive rider and love to jump or pound the trashed corners with 3 foot moguls like we see around here in the woods.

Thanks for the picture, it really helped!

Hindle may have the stealth option for their muffler and you can run their header to the stock exhaust. D&D has a quiet can coming out which will drop weight and give better access to the chain tensioner I believe. SLP has good rep, I have not seen anything from them yet on the viper. Ulmer has the option of sending in your stock can for a mod. That is just a few lol, decisions

TestMaster said:
Nytro40th said:
TestMaster said:
Nytro40th said:
I ordered the toe gussets for my sled.

What is a toe gusset? What does it do, protect, or improve?

Thanks Cory!
They mount to the side of the floor board where your foot is positioned. I have them but have not installed them yet, to busy riding lol

Looks like they reinforce the sled where the tunnel and front frame meet, probably a wise investment for the few dollars they cost, especially if you are an aggressive rider and love to jump or pound the trashed corners with 3 foot moguls like we see around here in the woods.

Thanks for the picture, it really helped!
No problem. Glad to help.

Just so you guys are aware they are for the sno x sled, they not listed for the 7000. Check under the 2013 or 2014 500 sno pro under oem parts.

Nytro40th said:
Biglandrider said:
The rail stiffeners from the HCR that beef up the top of the rail where the front suspension arm mounts (on the XTX) fit perfectly. You'll also notice the long brace we fabbed up and bolted (existing holes) to the outside of the rail. There is also a whole lot of additional gusseting and welding on here that you can't see, along with Larson 4th wheel kit and anti stab and the Dupont slides. This setup is still in testing stages to see if it's as solid as the Ice Age rails that I can't afford yet!! Elka Stage 5's will be valved/built very soon. I may order the toe brace kit too. Think it adds much overall strength??
All the cat sno x sleds run the toe gussets from what I have seen in races. Must add some support for high jumps and landings.

We raced this chassis last year in ISOC (Pro-lite). Anything you can do to add some support around the toe would probably be time/$ well spent if you are an aggressive rider. Cheap insurance, and pretty tough to get the genie back in the bottle once this area starts distorting. Don't know if this is even an issue with the trail sleds, but it certainly was on the race sled.

Nytro40th said:
Just so you guys are aware they are for the sno x sled, they not listed for the 7000. Check under the 2013 or 2014 500 sno pro under oem parts.

Found them by the PN.

Rail Brace.png

For those on 137 and smaller Vipers:

$98.92 at retail.

Screw, Self-Tapping (4)
1623-175
Screw, Self-Tapping $1.00 $4.00

Pad, Shock (2)
3604-793
Pad, Shock $2.66 $5.32

Brace, Rail (2)
3604-692
Brace, Rail $27.86 $55.72

Screw, Self-Tapping (8)
1623-948
Screw, Self-Tapping $1.16 $9.28

Screw, Cap (2)
8408-841
Screw, Cap $1.43 $2.86

Axle (1)
3604-704
Axle $12.56 $12.56

Nut, Lock (2)
8427-802
Nut, Lock $1.00 $2.00

Screw, Cap (2)
8408-835
Screw, Cap $3.59 $7.18

Last edited:
Wot-75, do you know if those rail braces are a direct bolt on for the 137 or do you have to drill some new holes??

Back