• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rapid Bike 3 Enlightenment - How does it work?

rehm70 said:
Dave, can I buy the RB3, use it on my stock sled with N2O, then add a turbo later? Or does the box have to be updated to go from non-boost, to boost?
Thanks

I actually talked to Dave about this very idea already and he said it would be possible. From my understanding the RB3 can support 2 maps at any given time. Switching between the maps is accomplished by grounding out a wire. A guy would have to ground out that wire at the same time as the Nos switch was pressed in order to flip to the juice map. When you let off the Nos button the map would need to be switched back. A guy could develop 2 maps, 1 new N/A map to run with a pipe or other mods at optimum efficeincy and a dedicated Nos map maybe with some timing pulled and a bunch more fuel from the stock injectors. To really develop the maps IMO properly you would need to install an A/F guage and set the whole system up on the dyno. Initially there would be a cost but if a few guys chipped in it might be worth while.

I haven't tried it yet but I may. I think it would be a pretty elegant solution and when it was done it would set you up nicely for a turbo down the road as you would already have the RB3 and the A/f guage. You would need to purchase a map sensor for the RB3 when you turboed up.

C'mon Dave build this kit, trust me it'll be fun. LOL

Rx1M5

Uploading maps

The best way to upload a map is to close Rapid bike and click on new map and Rapid Bike will open it and then you can down load new map into RB3 box by right click on the 3D map color image on right side. It will come up in Italian so right click again and it will be in English.
Click save in to Eeprom and wait for it to say at the bottom connected to Rapid Bike then right click again and save into flash.

Close map and you can check to see if the map is in the box by down loading from RB3 and it will open up the map inside RB3 box. Check all maps by clicking on advance and injection.
http://www.powderlites.com

Dave, after seeing the way my dads new powderlites kit runs on his apex, I have to get the RB3. His sled is so responsive and idles nice etc.

How much are we looking at for the complete set up,box harness, stutter option, basiclly everything I would need to throw out the pure logic and use the RB3?? I will need the 3 bar sensor as well.

Thanks
aj

Powderlites prices are listed on his website and with the exchange rate its about 20% off anything us dollars wise

Back