• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rb3 problem?

mulot30th

Lifetime Member
Website
youtube.com
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2023 thundercat
apex mountain crracing 174
apex blower 136 for asphalt racing
osp drag race sled (apex engine based)
On my turbo apex.

once past 10300 rpm, seems like it hit rev limiter/ sputter ....

Did this on dyno too.

On laptop computer connected to rb3, I can see rpm value jumping EVERYWHERE once it hits 10300-10400 rpm...

will show anywhere between 5000 to 11900 or so rpm on laptop while reading pretty still at 10300-10500 rpm on tach.

I tried moving rev limiter up 1000 rpm more... does not change anything, same problem happen at same rpm.

What is happening here?

Please note I also have a MSD launch master (connected AFTER rb3) on this... can this mess rb3 rpm read?

check the connections for moisture and everyone said to put dielectric grease i actually had better luck with anti sieze plus its a better conducter and rust preventer. what version are your running 4.7 is the latest out there with the ignition update

you have 4.7 muloth, when dave from powderlites did your update last year in b.c, thats the version he put in.

rb3

I have a launch master and rb3 with no issues like you describe. Good luck finding the gremlin.

This issue is for real, sound exactly same as hitting reve limiter, but nowhere near engine rpm as it should be and rb3 jumps everhwhere in the rpm column while this happens.

Not too funny, and have no clue what is that.

Might have to clear RB3 and reinstall software back on. Look at all fittings!

well did u switch harness for the update or modify your current harness? cause that happened to me last season when a solder joint broke and ruined a day of riding if the problem something new most likely a hardware problem most of the time

I will have to check harness... have to be something in there OR rb3 itself.

Vmin vMax are okay.. but this is unrelated to rpm reading anyway...

Can u see your TPS volts? Where is your revlimit set at on the RB3? Is it pus 500RPM over stock or??

Back