• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Re-filling Coolant

2BLUE4U

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
I had to drain my coolant to weld my heat exchangers...Is there any trick to adding coolant besides adding it and letting cycle through?

nope i did the same thing, fill up the bottle and let it run, top off coolant bottle as needed, one tip though is to squeeze the rubber coolant hoses as it's running this will help eliminate air trapped in the system

Lift rear of sled up and remove bolt at cross over for rear heat exchanger to let trapped air out when coolant comes out put bolt back in

The last step is very important or it will over heat. Be sure to let all the air out of it and bleed it out real good. You will hear the air come out of it and then stick the bolt back in. Just be sure to jack the rear end of the sled up so its higher than the coolant reservoir so the air comes out and not the coolant. I failed to do that the first time and got drenched with coolant. Good luck!

Back