• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ready - Mods so far.

wavemaster

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
SR Viper XTX, Nytro XTX, Phazer FX
2015 Viper XTX 2.0

Last years mods,
MPBR trail can
COTC with 8DN
94 Grandmaster Picks
Simmons Gen3 Skis
HID headlights
LED driving light
AC riser
145Lb center spring

NEW mods for this season

Clutches machined by Ulmer
Big Venom Air Box Mod from Ulmer
Dalton adjustable weights
Hygear coupler and fox3 second chamber for rear shock
EVO 2.5 91 octane flash
AC windshield with mirrors
Added picks (141 total now)

I was clocked last year by a reputable gentleman and the sled was going 96 on a hard packed trail, I wonder what the new mods will bring?

If you were looking at the AC windshield with mirrors and worried about the size (too big) I took a couple pictures to show it on the Viper. It isn't much higher than stock was, it just offers a lot more coverage. I do like the mirrors and if I can keep them on the sled for a season I will be stoked. It is a quick swap so if I know we are headed into the woods, I'll change it back to the shorty i have.

You do need to drill a couple holes and trim the windshield. I heated it up and formed the wing to the hood profile and then trimmed it to match.

DSCN1102.JPG

DSCN1103.JPG

How did the studs effect ur handling? More push in the corners and do the mirrors just flap or they secured pretty good can you see outta them pretty good

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I don't think the studs effect handling with the cobra track as much as the ripsaws. I am on an XTX and I didn't really notice it in the handling on the front end but noticed it a bunch on the handling in the back end if that makes sense.

The mirrors are 3 point mounted through the windshield and seem very strong. No miles yet with it to really evaluate the mirrors but in the shop, they look like they will work well.

The LED is a 36Watt driving light that I got for the 20-50' range and then the HID's take over from there.

viper2.jpg

So what do you mean by ur studs don't affect ur handling in front but do in the back please elaborate thanks

First off as with anything YMMV. In my case, I have the weight transfer dialed in and I run Simmons Gen3 Skis and they are VERY aggressive - they turn where you point. It could be a lot more noticeable with Tuners I couldn't say. I also run a 145Lb center spring and that changes handling.

That said, it is a long track to begin with so it doesn't turn like a shorty. Heavy picking a shorty will make it turn like a long track does, picking a long track does not seem to have that much of the same front end effect - some, but for me not much. So steering and front end characteristics didn't change that much for me adding the first 94 picks.

The back end is totally different. The cobra track has nice aggressive scallop design to the little paddles and a lot of open areas. Adding picks gives you a lot more bite on the back so you get a lot better hook up. You get a lot less side slide in the corners and on ice. So overall I would say it adds a positive effect to handling all the way around. I added 47 picks for this season based on how it was with 94 last season.

Wow well I got the curves with 8 inch shapers this season and heavier spring also and think after the first snowbi will be studding mine what size of grandmasters

Back