• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Real World 1500 Mile Low Down of new Ski Doo XR-S 900 Turbo vs. SideWinder

i miss my Apex .... u watch that and remember why it was so good .
I don't. I traded it for a Viper. Now I have a Sidewinder. My back, knees and eardrums thank me every time I ride...…
It was a great sled in its day. Every time I get back on one I am reminded that day is gone.

So NOT true about the long intake. The hardest hitting, and most instant response machine I’ve ever owned or riden was my old cable operated 1200s with single throttle body on it.

So throw that theory out the window.

Both my old NA and turbo 1200s. They were literally instant and would always holeshot ANYTHING. If you weren’t careful with my old turbo 1200s they would put you in the trees. They were not the new throttle by wire though either.

Far more responsive than the decompressed winder with triple throttle bodies.

Thanks Mike and a great response.

I get so tired of reading all the cow dung about the long intake and blah blah blah. Too many guys read this crap in magazines and take it as gospel.

Reactions: krm
Not only is it too long, look at all the volume in there. That is all dead air so to speak that has to be gobbled up before the turbo-pressurized air can get to where it needs to be.
More cow dung. Must be lots out there this Summer because it's finding its way here.

Just ck out TD and Hurricanes videos of tuned 900ts being tested .NO lag in my 900t with the newest TD 210 tune ,and im not the average clutching Guru ,been at it for 40+ yrs .Not many have the latest TD or Hurricane tunes .
Ken why confuse fact when you can read magazines and ill informed people on these forums.

I can't understand why so many of these great minds here don't start building the perfect sled? They sure have everything figured out.

Ken why confuse fact when you can read magazines and ill informed people on these forums.

I can't understand why so many of these great minds here don't start building the perfect sled? They sure have everything figured out.
Joe,You're a funny dude !Wait till you try your buddies 900t with the tune .I don't need to read about them ,i own them ,or end up working on them .

63 pages guys! Good grief!

The only way to solve this one is on fresh powder at the next TY ride in Munising. Book your rooms this fall early.

Can't wait to ride with you all and put this one to bed this coming season. Bring a buddy or a shovel or both.

Let it snow.

:sled1:

Best post yet in the 63 pages of dog pile!

PS we are ahead of schedule to reach 100 pages!

I could see lining up a stock Apex and and a stock 900t ...900t 150 hp Apex 165 maybe the weight different may even it up. But 900t not supposed to run with a Sidewinder apples and oranges. Run a tune in a 900t and a tune in a Sidewinder still apples and oranges. I thought the point of the OP was to discuss all aspects of the stock 900t from wind protection, front end , rear suspension, mpg , comfort, seats and accessories like linq vs SW. The engines aren’t comparable 150 to 180 plus other than 4s engines.

I could see lining up a stock Apex and and a stock 900t ...900t 150 hp Apex 165 maybe the weight different may even it up. But 900t not supposed to run with a Sidewinder apples and oranges. Run a tune in a 900t and a tune in a Sidewinder still apples and oranges. I thought the point of the OP was to discuss all aspects of the stock 900t from wind protection, front end , rear suspension, mpg , comfort, seats and accessories like linq vs SW. The engines aren’t comparable 150 to 180 plus other than 4s engines.
When did any stock ape come out at 165 hp?

When did any stock ape come out at 165 hp?
1D300DAB-C24D-43A6-845E-644EAE1F3A9D.jpeg

The big one on the right is 165hp.
:drink:

I don't. I traded it for a Viper. Now I have a Sidewinder. My back, knees and eardrums thank me every time I ride...…
It was a great sled in its day. Every time I get back on one I am reminded that day is gone.

Funny that you wrote this. I Loved my Apex. I sold it about 7 years ago and went without a sled until I picked up my Sidewinder in December.

This winter I switched for a bit with a buddy who has an Apex. About 30 seconds in, I was thinking, "Holy crap this thing is loud!"

Apex WAS a great sled but unfortunately outdated in every way by modern sleds and rider forward. Crying shame Yamaha is ignoring the Apex market and users are low hanging fruit for Yamaha if they cared. It hurts to say this but true.

Apex WAS a great sled but unfortunately outdated in every way by modern sleds and rider forward. Crying shame Yamaha is ignoring the Apex market and users are low hanging fruit for Yamaha if they cared. It hurts to say this but true.

Well not in “every way”
Reliability...not even close

Yamaha is ignoring the market because there literally is NO market. Sled sales are down at record lows, there simply is no money in making sleds anymore.

Millennials would rather play a snowmobile video game than actually ride, oh yea they have no money either and still live at home, mommy does the laundry and cooks too.

Well not in “every way”
Reliability...not even close

Yamaha is ignoring the market because there literally is NO market. Sled sales are down at record lows, there simply is no money in making sleds anymore.

Millennials would rather play a snowmobile video game than actually ride, oh yea they have no money either and still live at home, mommy does the laundry and cooks too.
So in your opinion Yamaha is dead meat finished in the snowmobile biz?

Back