• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Really need help. My 2009 Nytro will crank but no start.

Ekretz

Country
USA
Snowmobile
2009 Yamaha nytro
About three years ago I let my friend borrow it and we were riding along and he buried it on its side he shut it off and it hasn’t turned back on since. We’ve replaced the plug’s multiple times checked all the ground and electrical connections and replaced the battery and gas. It gets fuel spark and has good compression. It has no check engine lights and we ran through the diagnostics and everything is perfect. Occasionally we get a backfired but I’m stuck and need some professional input. Thanks!

About three years ago I let my friend borrow it and we were riding along and he buried it on its side he shut it off and it hasn’t turned back on since. We’ve replaced the plug’s multiple times checked all the ground and electrical connections and replaced the battery and gas. It gets fuel spark and has good compression. It has no check engine lights and we ran through the diagnostics and everything is perfect. Occasionally we get a backfired but I’m stuck and need some professional input. Thanks!
If its getting fuel and spark it should fire. Hows the airbox? Can it breath? how long was it on its side?

The air box it fine and it was running on its side for like 15 seconds. All the engine components are in perfect condition.

Are you sure it's getting fuel? Try starting it with starting fluid. Check fuel pressure with a gauge. Are you sure the injectors are firing? Plugs look wet?

Yeah you can hear the pump kick on and the plugs will get wet. We also tried with starting fluid, that’s when we would get the loud backfire

When you say you replaced the plugs, they were brand new.....?

Seen a winder go on it’s side then had to replace fuel pump —- I know u said it’s getting fuel— I don’t remember if the fuel pump could be heard on the winder or not——

Crank position sensor is a possibility. Also there is some possibility that it jumped timing.

I'd try another set of new plugs and let the cylinders dry out. Once the plugs are fouled, they're done. Check your oil for heavy gas smell. If it's been doing this for a while and flooding, gas can get into the oil and enrich the mixture even further.

While you're there, go into diagnostic mode and verify for good spark.

Crank position sensor is a possibility. Also there is some possibility that it jumped timing.
Would you have any tips on how to adjust timing without pulling the motor pretty sure it’s off 180 degrees

Would you have any tips on how to adjust timing without pulling the motor pretty sure it’s off 180 degrees

If it was running on its side what makes you think its off by 180 degrees now?

We had a mechanic check it out and he said it sound like timings off 180 and the timing is the only other possibility since fuel is good spark is good compression is at 150 psi and we just changed the oil and the diagnostics are good.

3 year old gas... and the fuel system needs a good cleaning. Plugged injectors and sock in tank.

If the engine is off that bad and you didn't go in and mess with it, slipping that much timing would have been.. dramatic.. Timing, from the engines perspective comes from the crank position sensor.

Back