• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rear heat exchanger install...pop rivet tool

kinger

VIP Member
Website
www.piergenius.com
What the crap is up with the rivets that yamaha provides with the rear heat exchanger on the shorties? They are a 1/4" mandrel and I cannot find a rivet gun large enough to fit them? Hate to spend $100 on a gun for 3 freaking rivets. I assume they use large ones for added strength?

Check Harbor Freight tools. For the occasional job such as yours, they have a manual riveter for $17.99 ITEM 41291-4VGA or an Air Riveter on sale for $49.99 ITEM 94669-1VGA

I have the manual one that I have used on !/4"rivets on sleds before.

Jim

I got my pneumatic rivit gun off the Matco truck. It will do 1/4 " rivits w/ ease..

Sure it costs lots but DAMMMMMMM its nice :bling

Rear heat exchanger rivets

I didn't use the ones that came with the unit because you needed a special rivet gun. Went out & bought SS rivets for the standard gun. Never had a problem & a lot cheaper.

i had the same problem, had to go borrow a riviter that had a 6 mm mandrel i was pissed off, i need to go to 5 star and buy some more rivits

Back