• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rear Storage Bag

stormin norman

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Yamaha Viper LTX LE
2000 Yamaha SRX 700
1999 Yamaha V max 500
1992 Yamaha V max 4
1984 Yamaha Phazer
What are you guys using for a rear storage bag on your Vipers? My 14 LTX Se came with the small bag behind the seat and I replaced it with the bigger Yamaha one that comes on some Viper models. The problem is after going on a 150 mile ride on groomed trails ( no deep powder in southern Minnesota this time of year ) the stuff inside the bag was soaking wet, my extra gloves and tools and my Polaris pulling rope were all wet. I went with the Yamaha bag thinking it was better and water proof. Shoud'nt have to pack everything in plastic bags, should I ?

I use the bigger expandable Yamaha one and nothing ever got wet. Really odd the one you have would. Was it above freezing or did you run through water?

I have this, the extendable bag. Not tried it on the trails yet so don't know how waterproof it is.

c9e50347bd05b87802098e534a753562.jpg

Birkebeiner

T
abd6f5db2f33a3f71340ee6c7220a09b.jpg
0ea469cfbc472582122e7cdfc50748a7.jpg

No bag, running plastic. I have gas and white water as Weill, use white for racing fuel.

2014 viper, mpi
2009 Phazer 144"

It was in the high 20's and didn't run thru any water.

As a general rule we've always put anything that we don't want wet in plastic zip lock bags like extra gloves or toilet paper. We have both styles of smaller bags, The one like you're talking about and the mountain and neither are what I would consider waterproof.

Attachments

• 20160103_084654.jpg
    20160103_084654.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 614
  • 20160103_084615.jpg
    20160103_084615.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 649
What are you guys using for a rear storage bag on your Vipers? My 14 LTX Se came with the small bag behind the seat and I replaced it with the bigger Yamaha one that comes on some Viper models. The problem is after going on a 150 mile ride on groomed trails ( no deep powder in southern Minnesota this time of year ) the stuff inside the bag was soaking wet, my extra gloves and tools and my Polaris pulling rope were all wet. I went with the Yamaha bag thinking it was better and water proof. Shoud'nt have to pack everything in plastic bags, should I ?

I have the medium sized one and after a single ride I went straight to plastic baggies for everything........PITA

I meant that the bag wasn't the problem. The flares stop a lot of snow from getting up to the bag.

I wasn't pickin' on you......just the fact I was pi$$ed last year when I found out it wasn't waterproof......or even really water resistant, much..........

No worries bud.
You'll notice a big difference with the flares. Without them, my bag and everything in it was soaked.
Now that I have the flares, I keep a cap and a toque in there, as well as a light pair of gloves.....and they stay dry.

How far down do the flares go? Anyone have a side photo of them? Do they look like fender skirts on a Buick ?

Back