• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rear Suspension Adjustment Question

flyLow

Some of you may know me from the dumb questions I have asked about the Phazer I have. Now I have a dumb question about my Nytro. It's a 2009 with less than 300 miles. I have stored it with the track off the ground over the summer. My question is, when I push down on the rear it does not rebound back up. It just stays down. The setting of the black bars (I'm sorry I don't know the terminology) is on the "M". Do I just need to do some maintenance on the shock? I was reading in the manual but it doesn't say anything about it going all the way down and not coming up. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

The shocks would likely not cause the sled not to come back up. The black bars are the torsion springs. They are the guys responsible for holding the sled up.

I experienced the same thing on m phazer. The fix for me was to take the skid apart and clean all the pieces with old pasty grease out.

Just adding new grease did nothing to push out the old crusty grease.

I am thinking friction is too great for the torsion springs to bring the sled back up.

Does it rebound at All?

It's not designed to come all the way back up. If when it does you can still lift an inch or so that is completely normal. You don't want the track to loose contact with the ground over every little bump.

kilometers said:
Does it rebound at All?

It's not designed to come all the way back up. If when it does you can still lift an inch or so that is completely normal. You don't want the track to loose contact with the ground over every little bump.

No, it does not rebound at all.

It stays ALL the way compressed if you push it down? No rebound at all? Start with looking over the skid, maybe something is bent and preventing it from coming back up. Next try adding some grease to the skid.

when you compress it all the way down can you pull up on the rear and the track stay on the ground? or does it and stay compressed when you lift up the rear?

Take the shock out and bring it in. It's blown probably.

If shock is ok, X2 what Tapex said. Something is holding it down/ preventing it from rebounding.

torsion springs

had the same problem on mine. clean it up like their saying. and replace the torsion springs with the heavy duty ones. this helped alot. once replaced set it on soft and work up from there. i beleive i ended up on med. with the new stiffer spring. mike

I can push down on it and it maybe comes up an inch. If I pick up the rear end it has no problem coming up with the track staying on the ground. I guess I'll start with the grease and go from there. I can't see anything that it is binding on. The sled only has 197 miles on it and all of those were easy so I'm hoping nothing is bent or blown.

Also, what part of the sled is the skid? I am imagining the two tubes where the torsion springs are located with the grease zerks?

All of the rear suspension componets is the skid. Just buy a mtn tamer as the stock suspension is terrible anyway!!

Sounds like it has been sitting a while if it were mine I would take out the entire rear suspension and get the cross shaft out of the tubes and clean them. Dried up grease and maybe rust from sitting around could be your issue.

Back