• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rear suspension problem--need HELP!!!!!

Still no luck. Took a BUNCH of measurements off of other sled. Everything matches.

I got mad and picked the back of the sled up and slammed it up and down. Seemed like the track was tighter. It was almost touching the rails. Thought it was fixed. Raised it way up in the air and started it. Turned the track over for 20 seconds and it was hanging again.

I had to walk away before a match went into the gas tank.LOL

Well that sucks! Somthing has to be tweaked. But what could be tweaked... I don't know, I guess just keep measuring stuff, I don't really know what else to say. #$%&* :die

I think I am going to give up on this suspension. I really hate to because this thing worked great.

I have a Fastrax M10 sitting here that I never mounted. Think I am going to mount that up and part out the stocker.

If anyone has any other ideas offer them up. I don't care if it sounds stupid or not. It's got to be something that I am just missing. Hate to give up but I have already spent too much time on this suspension.

Well if she fits, and it's sitting there alreay, might as well not waste anymore riding time, but you might keep it and look at it in the summer and see if you can get it working, if you decide the M10 isn't as good

This is probably a really dumb question but you are certain it's the right track correct? I know you bought a new one but if you've checked the measurements and everything looks good that's where I would look. Also another dumb suggestion but did you change idler wheels or anything while skid was out?

No such thing as a dumb question right now.

I repacked the bearings on all the wheels. No extra parts left over so it is all mounted back where it belongs.LOL

As for the right track, it is the same part number (9944M). I crawled down into the garbage pit on Saturday to even check that out. That is the used track I bought and thought was stretched. The 3" Extreme is part number (9219M). All are 162" with 3" pitch, right? My buddy measured the track and also came up with 162". Am I missing something???

Assuming those are the right part numbers they appear to be the same minus lug. Can you post a photo showing just how loose the track is? The lugs aren't hitting anything anywhere? With how it tightened up when you bounced on it sounds like maybe its binding up somewhere

Take A Hike said:
You have went through and looked and touched everything to make sure nothing is cracked or broken?, I don't really know what to say, other then, maybe there is somthing wrong in your chain cAse? Chain to loose might do it, the drive shaft could be moving side to side a little bit and catching on something.

Mmmm..... not understanding how a loose chain in the chaincase could possibly cause too much track deflection. Please enlighten me.

The circumference of the track is fixed and if it is correct then the problem has to be somewhere in the path that it takes during a full revolution. If the mounting points of the drive axle and suspension have not changed, and the diameters of the drive axle drivers and suspension wheels have not changed, then it has to be something with the suspension itself, right?

Perhaps something like an arm pivot point that rotated the wrong way during the suspension install?

Agreeing with Dave there. With how it tightened up it sounds like something was knocked into place then spun out again under throttle.

This is what I have been thinking all along. I am just not seeing the problem though. I have a totally stock Apex sitting by mine and everything looks the same. All the arms are angled the same. Shocks have the same amount of shaft showing. Springs are the same length. I am just not seeing the problem!!!!!!!!

The only difference is his has stock drivers. Mine has 7 tooth Avids. My dropped and rolled chaincase makes the rail tips way closer to the rails than his.

I have basically given up on the suspension. I am going to try and mount the M10 this weekend. Might be opening ANOTHER can of worms there.LOL

Went spearfishing on Saturday. Worked on other sled Sunday. Got mad and took the sled out and jumped some ditches. Figured it would work or break. It took the abuse.

I have 2" of sag on it now. I think that MIGHT be acceptable with a 162" x 3" track?????? Just hope the new track doesn't stretch much.

Have to make up my mind this weekend. Leave on the 15th for out west. Really don't want to rent but???

Blue Dave said:
Take A Hike said:
You have went through and looked and touched everything to make sure nothing is cracked or broken?, I don't really know what to say, other then, maybe there is somthing wrong in your chain cAse? Chain to loose might do it, the drive shaft could be moving side to side a little bit and catching on something.

Mmmm..... not understanding how a loose chain in the chaincase could possibly cause too much track deflection. Please enlighten me.

Haha yeah sorry I don't know what I was thinking at the time, looking over the post now it seems pretty dumb.

Back