• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rear Suspension Upgrade

ef x eh

Extreme
I wasn't impressed with the slide wear last year, so I decided to tweak the suspension. I removed the two outboard wheels and moved them forward to the area where greatest wear is. I hope this change will increase the life of the slides,at least for a season.

Attachments

• IMG_0006.JPG
    IMG_0006.JPG
    185.9 KB · Views: 92

cannondale27 said:
Wont the spring stab the wheel mount when suspension is compressed?

X2, I added a small wheel close to where you mounted your wheels and the spring wore into the mounting block.

I moved the spring perch back one hole and shortened the spring tail by one and three quarters of an inch. Will be no issue. Actually should change spring rate slightly softer. At this point it is an experiment, want snow to test. Come on snow.

just an update on the hy fax wear. after 1000 km there is no appreciable wear on the sliders( at the famous wear point on the rail curve). the fix cost about 10 bucks and was easy to do.

Attachments

• DSCN0011.JPG
    DSCN0011.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 70
  • DSCN0012.JPG
    DSCN0012.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 70
  • DSCN0013.JPG
    DSCN0013.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 74
  • DSCN0014.JPG
    DSCN0014.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 72
just an update on the slide wear. have over 2500 km on these same slides and will run them for this season too. this year I also have installed a freeride so it should be a test this year. I will post pics soon.

yamahas said:
cannondale27 said:
Wont the spring stab the wheel mount when suspension is compressed?

X2, I added a small wheel close to where you mounted your wheels and the spring wore into the mounting block.

Mine has done the same with LS kit, might just take it off as I have 4 Excell's up front and the wheel kit barely hits the track anyways....

Good posting here ;)!

ef x eh said:
just an update on the slide wear. have over 2500 km on these same slides and will run them for this season too. this year I also have installed a freeride so it should be a test this year. I will post pics soon.

How is this working out for you? I really like what you did there. What parts did you have to buy to relocate those wheels? That looks like an easy one to do! Same here slides always down to the line at the rail bend, TONS left on the rest sliders.

Update please :Rockon:

Back