• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

rear suspension - ?

basic700

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder STX DX 146
2015 SRViper XTX LE
2009 Nytro XTX
I got an xtx le 250# geared up
First ride rear suspension was way too stiff so I backed the front spring pressure off a bit and let some air out of the float. Now when I hit bumps its a lot softer but it bounces back and about bucks me off. What should I try doing next. It will prob be a while before I ride it again being there is no snow.

I have the same sled and about the same weight. Running 200 lbs and stock setting on spring. Feels good to me, almost maybe a little soft.

Not to high jack this thred but was curious on others opinions. I would like to up grade all my shocks to the Elkas and was wondering if I should put them in the factory skid or up grade to a after market suspension. Thanks Fred

I have the same sled and about the same weight. Running 200 lbs and stock setting on spring. Feels good to me, almost maybe a little soft.
First time riding it every bump I hit felt way to hard then I jumped on my cuz's nytro xtx and that thing just soaked up the bumps and rode awesome.
I got mine soaking up the bumps now but it rebounds so bad it feels like a bucking bronco.(I guess it is bronco colors tho)

Has anyone had any problems with their rear float? I finally had my first ride on my viper and the rear shock is acting up. I checked air pressure the night before and it read 125# so I pumped it up to 180# because I'm what they consider a massive man and knew 125# would be to soft. We hit the snow the next morning and after about a mile of riding I realized 180# was still too soft so I hooked the pump up and it was back down to 125#. I then tried to pump it back up and it wouldnt take air. Tried another pump and still wouldn't take any. The machine was pretty much bottomed out without any rider weight. Would a bad rear shock also cause the track to run super loose or do I have something else to look at

take that junk fox float off and put a coil shock on....i put exit on mine and its night and day different

Has anyone had any problems with their rear float? I finally had my first ride on my viper and the rear shock is acting up. I checked air pressure the night before and it read 125# so I pumped it up to 180# because I'm what they consider a massive man and knew 125# would be to soft. We hit the snow the next morning and after about a mile of riding I realized 180# was still too soft so I hooked the pump up and it was back down to 125#. I then tried to pump it back up and it wouldnt take air. Tried another pump and still wouldn't take any. The machine was pretty much bottomed out without any rider weight. Would a bad rear shock also cause the track to run super loose or do I have something else to look at

You can screw the pump on and see data but it is not on tight enough to pump air in....I know that sounded confusing. But when you put the pump on get it tight enough that when you pump you can feel the air going in. And I would suggest you not take it over 175 pounds. Also please see my post above as the front skid shock spring on the XTX and MTX is WAY too soft.

You can screw the pump on and see data but it is not on tight enough to pump air in....I know that sounded confusing. But when you put the pump on get it tight enough that when you pump you can feel the air going in. And I would suggest you not take it over 175 pounds. Also please see my post above as the front skid shock spring on the XTX and MTX is WAY too soft.

i don't think there's much tighter than tightening it until it won't tighten anymore. I think there's something wrong with it. Even if it reads 125# it shouldn't have been bottomed out without rider weight on it sitting on a flat trail.

i don't think there's much tighter than tightening it until it won't tighten anymore. I think there's something wrong with it. Even if it reads 125# it shouldn't have been bottomed out without rider weight on it sitting on a flat trail.

You may have a bad shock, I was just pointing out what I had found when I had a similar incident. I attached the hose as tight as I did the front ones and the pressure read but pumping it got harder each stroke and pressure went up almost instantly. Tightening the connection more than I liked made it work.

I personally witnessed the same thing on an arctic cat last year. Take the sled to your dealer and get a new shock, let them see that its not right.

StingRay any undate on front skid springs yet

StingRay any undate on front skid springs yet

It is PERFECT!!! I put on the Zbros 145lb spring and set it about 2 turns up from loose and it dances on the skis under power and still turns in the corners if you are not WFO. Carries the skis in soft snow to about 30mph. Now I am only 165 pounds so if you are a big guy I would get the 160 spring, a Cat dealer I chatted with is putting a 180 spring in his customers M8's but that sure sounds like overkill to me.

So where can I get a 160# spring?? Can my dealer get it?

Back