• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Reducing Engine Braking on Phazer 500

Any mods? CLutching? Yr make model?

Could have possibly been something you tinkered with recently. I know they engine break, but not enough to flip you over the bars.

Haven't messed with anything, the flipping over the bars is basically when I am hanging off on one side and let off the gas. I then go boom!

Keep practicing :tg:
Or just stay in the middle of the machine. ;):DIf your flippin off when riding off the side that could get dangerous.........:sled1:

You can, back off or add the secondary helix 10* and try it to reduce the backshift. (engine brake) Go one each way.

Takes 10 mins to pull and adjust secondary. Played with mine the other day and never been in there before.
There is a good Helix chart postes in "Voda's 136" thread"
Maybe someone has been in there before. Stock should be A1 if it's an MTX B1 (no idea what your machine is)

Ulmer clutch kit, you will be able to roll into the corners and actually use your brake, rather than trying to guess how much the engine is going to slow you down..

Maybe shoot Ulmer an email and ask about the mtx clutching..His kit works very good, at $120 its a pretty good deal IMO. I have stock arms and a spring if you want something to mess with.. Maybe $20 shipped if you want them?? They have been collecting dust for the past 6 years..If someone could use them it would be cool..

I was hoping I could get by with just a simple cheap change.
Also they don't list that clutch kit for an MTX

Cheapest way to do it is to roll into the corner 1/4 throttle on the gas, don't let off and use the brake to help guide you around. It's free, and a braaaaptastic way to rail a phazer around tight twisties :)

Back