• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Reliabilty improvements

RX1Jim

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Now that the warm weather is upon us for the next several LONG months, time to prep the SW for next season. I have a 2018 LTX which has been a fantastic sled. I have had no problems but want to head off any reliability issues. Here is the list of reliability improvements I have in progress:
1. eliminated the steel on steel bushings in the ends of all shocks with a bushing set of stainless steel and oilite. DONE
2. eliminated the roll over valve with an open vent hose as many have already done. DONE
3. working on a modification for the chaincase which will include a drain plug and fill plug
4. swapped out the stock turbo exhaust pipe bolts with stainless steel bolts and high temp. anit-sieze. DONE
5. building a reinforcement plate for the front of the tunnel which incorporates the hose protectors. This plate is 1/4" thk 6061 aluminum. This plate will help protect the tunnel near the front heat exchanger from being deformed by ice chunks
6. replace all steel bushings in the rear skid with phosphor bronze or oilite bushings DONE
7. reworking the driveshaft - brake side bearing to provide an interference fit and set screw inside the shaft
8. replace the bushing in the problematic upper gear with a more durable material with a much better fit.
9. build a TIG welded one-piece oil tank, 3/32" 6061 aluminum with internal baffling very similar to the OEM tank
10. replaced the trihub with a 4 wheel kit. Two additional bearings to carry the load. DONE
11. tack weld the screws on the chain tensioner
12. replace the OEM blow-off valve with the Turbo Smart valve DONE
13. Installed a 1/8" thick neoprene pad under the fuse box to prevent wire chaffing and shorting DONE

Any suggestions for additional items?

Jim

Sounds great
Would love to see your oil tank when done

Since you have gone that far. Should look at BOP’s reinforcement kit for the front cross shaft, and side of tunnel.
MS

Wow. So much stuff. I must be very lucky that in 10k miles nothing has happened. Love this sled. Must be more like me. My dealer reports few problems. Laughed at me when I suggested buying an extended warranty

Back