• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Remapping update

I know this is true. To prevent a possible prime (mine and my buddy's '15) both turn the key to "start" and flip the E switch to the "On" potion and they fire right up. NO crank before we flip it.

I know this is true. To prevent a possible prime (mine and my buddy's '15) both turn the key to "start" and flip the E switch to the "On" potion and they fire right up. NO crank before we flip it.
You're saying, with the kill switch in run position, start it like a car. Just turn the key to start. No waiting for the fuel pump, to shut off, to engage starter?

Return your sled to the dealer if its not a simple fix as there may be another issue.As for your SKIDOO buddies just remind them to keep extra pistons on hand and a tow rope.Remember BRP stands for Bring Replacement Pistons

I always thought BRP meant Bring Rings And Pistons...............

Last edited:
You're saying, with the kill switch in run position, start it like a car. Just turn the key to start. No waiting for the fuel pump, to shut off, to engage starter?
Correct, just turn the key on our sleds. No waiting for the pump to turn on. When we did this, they wouldn't start.

Always thought the correct way to start with EFI was to wait till fuel pump pressures up, seems to make sense.
My 700 Grizzly starts very well even at -30C but only if you let fuel pump pressure up.

Always thought the correct way to start with EFI was to wait till fuel pump pressures up, seems to make sense.
My 700 Grizzly starts very well even at -30C but only if you let fuel pump pressure up.

Thats what I was taught to allow to cycle then crank.

I start my 14 viper with no flash like this,no waiting for pump,just turn key and fires right up!

Have You guys heard of the plugs fouling due to short run time start ups? I started my sled a few times in Summer with it not running for very long? Just wondering if that may have caused a problem now. Anyway it will not start at All! I bought a Yamaha for the reliability and Im not off to a Great start.

Went to pick up my 14 xtx and because the dealer would start the sled to move it 5 feet a dozen times when I went to load my sled it fouled the plugs and would not start till the changed the plugs

Have You guys heard of the plugs fouling due to short run time start ups? I started my sled a few times in Summer with it not running for very long? Just wondering if that may have caused a problem now. Anyway it will not start at All! I bought a Yamaha for the reliability and Im not off to a Great start.

This is true. Change the plugs if you flooded it. Easy to get to.

Did the same thing to my first Nytro, learned pretty fast to warm it all the way up if I start it. A lot of fuel injected machines do this, crotch rocket motorcycles are notorious for it.

Back