• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Remind me...what is this hose for?

Kascade

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2015 Viper MTX 162 SE
2016 Cat M8000 162 Ltd
Getting my sled back together and I'm almost done. Can somebody remind me what this hose from the top of the coolant reservoir runs too? It doesn't look like it was clamped on the other side, so was this the overflow that just drained in to the bottom of the chassis, or am I forgetting somewhere it popped in to airbox, etc?

The schematic in the owners manual just shows it coming off and gives no indication where it goes to. Nice. :p

And while I'm asking...during this whole operation I had to remove coolant hoses from the radiator/fan assembly, at which point a bit of coolant leaked. Once it is back together, am I good just adding a bit of coolant and firing it up, or do I now need to drain and bleed and refill the entire system?

thanks!

Attachments

• 20220314_152635.jpg
    20220314_152635.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:

Is the hose connected by the top of the thermostat?

Yeah, that one is on there. It is the part labeled '45' in this diagram that just goes to nowhere as I currently have it.

I fired it up without doing anything to that hose, and i've got steady idle with no codes, but it seems to be cutting out when i get it a bit of throttle and it comes back down to idle.

Attachments

• 0_1.png
    0_1.png
    374.7 KB · Views: 99
Yeah, that one is on there. It is the part labeled '45' in this diagram that just goes to nowhere as I currently have it.

I fired it up without doing anything to that hose, and i've got steady idle with no codes, but it seems to be cutting out when i get it a bit of throttle and it comes back down to idle.

That hose is a tank vent. Throttle is too tight tight and it’s kicking in the tors

That hose is a tank vent. Throttle is too tight tight and it’s kicking in the tors

Meaning a vent for the coolant bottle, and thus I should just route it down in to the belly to drain?

Can you elaborate on the 'tors'? I'm new to this stuff as you can tell but doing my best to figure it out. :)

Meaning a vent for the coolant bottle, and thus I should just route it down in to the belly to drain?

Can you elaborate on the 'tors'? I'm new to this stuff as you can tell but doing my best to figure it out. :)
Yes route it down. You can’t have the throttle too tight or it will put it into limp mode. If you get a manual or become a VIP to get a manual it will tell you how to set that. Usually just loosen it enough to get wide open throttle but slack when off throttle fully.

Yes route it down. You can’t have the throttle too tight or it will put it into limp mode. If you get a manual or become a VIP to get a manual it will tell you how to set that. Usually just loosen it enough to get wide open throttle but slack when off throttle fully.

I have a manual so I'll look it up. It did feel like it was sticking a bit since I had been yarding on the handlebars and thus all the controls trying to get the steering column out of the way for the other fixes.

I think I'll become a VIP, this site has been invaluable since I bought the sled.

Thanks again!

(now please let this rain turn to snow so I can finish up in the morning and go for a ride!)

I have a manual so I'll look it up. It did feel like it was sticking a bit since I had been yarding on the handlebars and thus all the controls trying to get the steering column out of the way for the other fixes.

I think I'll become a VIP, this site has been invaluable since I bought the sled.

Thanks again!

(now please let this rain turn to snow so I can finish up in the morning and go for a ride!)
Awesome!! And your welcome!

Back