• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Replacement for plastic windshield screws?

Metallicat

TY 4 Stroke God
I have broken one, lost another, and stripped out a thrid. Is there a good replacement for the plastic windshield screws which never seem to really tighten up?

screws

Get some fender screws that come on yamaha atvs, they come in black or chrome , I put chrome ones in mine looks cool. :Rockon:

The reason they never seem to tighten up is that the nut is incased in a rubber gromet. Which serves two purposes, one it allows you to tighten the screw to just enough to pull the windy in tight but not crack it. Two it absorbes vibration so that by having it just tight enough it shouldn't loosen when riding and fall out. The gromets themselves buffer the windy from the plastic cowl to reduce the chance of scratching the foil or paint off.

They are also meant to break so the windshield doesn't crack. I would rather replace the plastic screws then the windshield. I carry a couple extras along because my sled seems to like to roll over and have it's belly scratched every once and awhile.

thinksnow said:
I carry a couple extras along because my sled seems to like to roll over and have it's belly scratched every once and awhile.

HA! HA! Now that's funny!

Back