• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Return fuel line fitting

mpi xtx

Extreme
I have a 2009 Nytro and I just got a Trail tank. The issue I have run into is my current return line goes into a block on the fuel level sending unit. This return block does not fit on the trail tank so I am looking for another option on adding a return line to the tank.
How has everyone else added a fitting to the tank for a return line?

Run a 90 degree npt one end barb other end brass fitting and tap a hole in the tank on the ridge line behind the radiator cap on the right side of the tank. Put a little yellow thread tape on your new fitting and you should be good to go

I ws thinking about something like this, I am just a bit worried abdout tapping the tank. Will it be strong enough? I have seen a fitting that pushes in with a gasket around it.

Tapping the tank is what Allen ulmer has you do when you run his upgraded fuel pump and regulator setup. That's how I am running mine at this moment

Do you have something like this now?

fuelreturnblock_zps1dd3fd28.jpg

That is exactly what I currently have. I found out when installing my new TrailTank that it will not fit. The area where that bolts down is too deep.

mpi xtx said:
That is exactly what I currently have. I found out when installing my new TrailTank that it will not fit. The area where that bolts down is too deep.

We also have a spacer that looks just like that but doesn't have the inlet barb. Do you have a picture of what your fitment problem is?

The nipple on the return block hits the tank and because of this the block will not lay flat against the tank. The new tank has too deep of an indent for the fuel level indictor.

Ok what about using this spacer under what you have? Stack the two together?

fuelreturnspacer_zps201c4ce1.jpg

fuelreturnspacer2_zps91d672e1.jpg

Back