• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Reverse Buzzer wire connections? (07' APEX MTN)

Firemann32

Expert
Website
www.swmosportbikes.com
Well I got my reverse kit installed awhile back and it went really smooth. Escept that we were unable to locate the wires in the wiring harness that come down and connect to the switch on top of the lever bracket. Was thier suppose to be a wire in with the kit. If so Yamaha left it out because it wasn't in there. We found two wires with a connector clip that doesn't go to anything but it won't reach to or fit the switch.

Any help and maybe pics, please........

First time you go over the bars cause you forgot it in reverse youll know why you need one...

NO, I have the beeper but I cannot find the connecter that goes from the wiring harness to switch on the reverse lever mounting bracket. I was wondering if there was suppose to be another piece of wire supplied with the reverse kit that 'm missing.

I'd like to have the reverse buzzer so I don't go over the bars. :)

You are looking for a blue wire with a red stripe. If you can find it it connects to the blue wire on the buzzer then the black wire off the buzzer goes to one side of the reverse switch and then the other side of the switch goes to a chassis ground. If you cannot find this blue and red wire then you must hook up A wire to the blue with red stripe brake light circut just tap it in but remember to solder this connection and seal it well do not use some stupid scotch lock type connecter as it needs to be a good connection so you dont loose your tail lamp all together... you are better off just stripping the wire and wraping it around and tapeing it up really good than to use a connecter that could ruin the tail lamp circut.

Mikey said:
You are looking for a blue wire with a red stripe. If you can find it it connects to the blue wire on the buzzer then the black wire off the buzzer goes to one side of the reverse switch and then the other side of the switch goes to a chassis ground. If you cannot find this blue and red wire then you must hook up A wire to the blue with red stripe brake light circut just tap it in but remember to solder this connection and seal it well do not use some stupid scotch lock type connecter as it needs to be a good connection so you dont loose your tail lamp all together... you are better off just stripping the wire and wraping it around and tapeing it up really good than to use a connecter that could ruin the tail lamp circut.

Thanks

So I just need to run a wire from the black wire going to the buzzer to one of the connctions on the switch (outlined in yellow) then run another wire from the other post, to the chassis. So when the switch is activated (when its placed in reverse) it grounds out, correct?

Attachments

• Reverse Switch.JPG
    Reverse Switch.JPG
    227.9 KB · Views: 106

Back