• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

reverse lever freeze-up

snowchaser59

Has anyone had issues with the reverse lever freezing in the slide mechanism? I have tried spray silicone, w-d 40, lightweight grease, ect to no avail. Whenever it gets to about 20 degrees or colder it tends to freeze.

Not good for the back.

Kinda cranky getting in reverse sometimes but only trouble I have had with Attack reverse.

Yep mine did this the week of Feb. 21-28 up in the U.P. it froze up solid and it took a real good pull on it to break it loose first time I ever experienced it but it was BUTT cold up there with temps running from -9*F to -35*F. Also on this trip my exhaust donuts took a dump. But it was the fastest sled in the group and got the best mileage and I didn't have to change plugs or add oil to it on a daily basis. It went the whole trip over 1,000 miles while 5 of the 8 sleds in the group ended up being put on the trailers in non running condition. So i guess I could live with the reverse lever sticking. My one buddies 05' ZR 900 grenaded the ACT drive again. I just rebuilt it for him last summer. He also had a 93' wildcat that he grenaded the chaincase on.

I use "KROWN" spray lube the best stuff I've ever used on my reverse lever and never freezes I also use it on front "A" arm bushings, steering linkage, tie rod ends etc...you can buy it at Home Harware stores in Canada.

I also founfd this cool "BILLET" reverse lever in YAM 2010 accessory section... http://www.yamaha-motor.ca/accessories/ ... model=3145

Attachments

• CIMG0025.JPG
    CIMG0025.JPG
    228.9 KB · Views: 115
Mine was doing it pretty frequently until I put a little white lithium grease on the moving connections. Hasn't froze up since, and that was over 2 years ago.

Mine also froze this winter in -10F weather. Had to work it back and forth from the shaft to break it loose....Peeing on it was the next option as I was stuck between 2 trees...

Back