• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ride around Lake Superior 2024

Mills

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
'14 Viper RTX, '06 Apex, '99 SX 600, '74 TL433F, '79 Trail Fire
I searched T.Y. for information related to riding around Lake Superior and see that there haven't been any posts about it since around 2007 that I can find. I am guessing things have changed since then. Anyone have any advice on this trip, links to check out, have-to-have's to complete the trip, places to stay away from, rules/regulations or any other info that may be beneficial in planning and executing this trip?
Myself and four others are planning to complete the ride in (8) days in late February 2024.

well i do know a little bit about the canadian side.

halfway haven, witch is between sault ste mare and wawa, is closed again this winter as they cannot get a plow contractor to keep road plowed for fuel delivery from what was posted on facebook.

ofsc is being a bit of an pita and not leaving the maps up after the season but for at least the last 10 years (maybe longer) the clubs have collapsed or stopped grooming around the marathon area to thunder bay. trails might still be there but no grooming or maintenece other than the locals that keep them open for their own use.

1696972196965.png

damn thats a good gap not being groomed.
well i do know a little bit about the canadian side.

halfway haven, witch is between sault ste mare and wawa, is closed again this winter as they cannot get a plow contractor to keep road plowed for fuel delivery from what was posted on facebook.

ofsc is being a bit of an pita and not leaving the maps up after the season but for at least the last 10 years (maybe longer) the clubs have collapsed or stopped grooming around the marathon area to thunder bay. trails might still be there but no grooming or maintenece other than the locals that keep them open for their own use.

View attachment 173636

I did that trip in 1999. It took use 10 days. We had all kinds of conditions rain snow riding in dirt and mud. The top side after wawa was very challenging for the groomer where the hills where very steep where he couldn’t bring the drag with him. Couldn’t imagine doing it without a trail and groomer tracks.

Back