• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ride Height

Hey guys, I was messing around with my sled today getting it ready for the season and have been considering hygear spacers since I felt like there was sag with my 13 xtx. I'm 180 lbs fully dressed and have my torsion springs set at medium. I measured the sag once I pulled up the bumper and let the suspension rest, it read at 34mm or 1 3/8 inches. When I got on the sled in riding position I had 19mm or 3/4 of an inch. According to a youtube yamaha tech I'm within the yamaha spec of 16-22mm. Last thing I noticed it that when I stepped off the sled the suspension rebound but not back the 34mm I had, instead maybe 3 mm or 1/8 an inch.

Since my ride height is looking good will I gain anything from installing the hygear spacers? If I put them in how will that change my sled? Also, should I be concerned with the suspension not rebounding more once I get off the sled?

The rear skid in the xtx has alot of friction issues. I heard the spacers help. I just installed a star linkage kit and my sag 90% improved.

Back