• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ride Light Mount / Wiring options

x2thez

Expert
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Yamaha Viper LTX
2009 Yamaha Vector LTX
1987 Yamaha Bravo
I went to Roc's website to look up the Ride Light. It says that a mount and pictures are coming, just wondering if anyone else had a simple mount they use?

Also for the wiring I was wondering if anyone thought an RCA style splitter would work off my Heated Shield cord? Would be simple to put on and take off and would not require any hard wiring. Thoughts?

Something like this.
https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Subw...1&keywords=rca+splitter&qid=1606753462&sr=8-9

Splitter will work fine. I’ve had my light for 2 years and never could find a good place to mount it. I got his new mount for the vipers and sidewinders that uses one of the windshield mounts. Saw it at the Westbend Wi show. Looks like it should work good. I know Roc’s working on mounts for other models now. The only one he has out at this time that I know of is for the Vipers and Winders

I have installed the Ride Light on my two Vipers and my Sidewinder without the need for any of the optional mounts. I just used the adhesive pad that is built into the standard mount and mounted it just forward of the louvres so that I could bring the power cord out through them, and it works great.

Is this going on your Vector or your Viper, or both? The unit came with "T-Tap" connectors that I crimped onto the wiring harness for the heated shield on the right side near the oil tank.

I still have one to mount on my wife's Vector, so I would be interested to know how people have wired the Ride Lights on their Vectors?

Last edited:
I used Ram mounts for my installation. No issues at all and good adjustability.

Attachments

• IMG_2965.jpg
    IMG_2965.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_2966.jpg
    IMG_2966.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 110

Back