• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rode an APEX yesterday

wavey

Extreme
Got to ride the Apex at the snodeo yesterday. Did not get enough ride time to comment about the new rider position but enough to tell you that the new motor has got my head spinnin. It is sweet.

And how did you get a test ride? I begged pleaded and nearly kissed the reps feet... They still would not hand me the keys... I told them I would bring it back with a full on test report for them... NO GO THOU...

wavey said:
Got to ride the Apex at the snodeo yesterday.to tell you that the new motor has got my head spinnin. It is sweet.

Define "NEW MOTOR HAS MY HEAD SPINNING"

Did you bang your head while riding those new sleds or what?

More detailed info would be nice...........TK's

Bountyhunter said:
Define "NEW MOTOR HAS MY HEAD SPINNING"

Did you bang your head while riding those new sleds or what?

More detailed info would be nice...........TK's

Hey Minoqua test riders, did we not tell the Yamaha rep:
"The guys on the site are like Piranhas, if we don't post a report with detailed info they'll tear us apart."

We got tore apart anyway but it was all in good fun. :-o

SledderSteve said:
Hey Minoqua test riders, did we not tell the Yamaha rep:
"The guys on the site are like Piranhas, if we don't post a report with detailed info they'll tear us apart."

We got tore apart anyway but it was all in good fun. :-o

Yes we did Steve, and what helped save our butts is we got 2 (two) test rides. That 3:00 PM one was sooo much longer with the added passes on the lake. I dont know about you but I really needed that to sponge it all in.
We got the better part of 2 hours.
Guys dont be too hard on wavey, It takes a few minutes just to figure out where to place your butt on the seat with the new rider forward designLOL

APEX TEST RIDE

i ALSO GOT TO RIDE THE APEX AT THE SNODEO. I am riding an 05 RX1 er now with hpg front shocks and simmons skis and it handle great but this new sled handles better and has more throttle respnse with all stock settings. This sled rocks. I got to sell mine and get a new rtx, attak or gt.

06 my sleds

I too got to ride the apex and the attack, the fuel injection from idle to the bar is right there. there is more engine noise with the fuelie, but bar it and hang on. The trails were beat loose with ice ground cover. The attack with the 136" had better hook up, I am thinking the 121" is not enough to get the power to the ground. :shock: The big question is what to buy? The trails here never get good, therefore require bump sled suspension ie; the nytro? I am leaning toward the attack.
Any thoughts on what will be the best beat trail ride??

Back