• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Roll over valve issue update

justin1620

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder LTX DX
2017 Sidewinder LTX SE
1999 SRX 700
1998 SRX 700
2005 Arctic Cat F7
WEBSITE
www.rustymyers.com
has anybody who has bypassed their roll over valve had any other issues? I have a 2018 sidewinder ltx and am thinking seriously about bypassing my rollover valve like Knapp and Rockerdan did before my oil seal let’s go......is their anymore news about this issue?

has anybody who has bypassed their roll over valve had any other issues? I have a 2018 sidewinder ltx and am thinking seriously about bypassing my rollover valve like Knapp and Rockerdan did before my oil seal let’s go......is their anymore news about this issue?
I understand the problems which may occur if I tip or roll the sled without the valve.....

Its not a guarantee that your oil tank wont leak, as mine still ended up leaking and most will.

I think the ROV delete works well at eliminating the recirculation of oil/vapor thru the turbo and eventually loads up charge tubes, So regardless of the oil tank seal, I would have this setup.

Dan

Dan is there a recall for this problem, or is this our best option to prevent the crappy seal from going? I just don’t want to run into problems when I go riding....season is short enough when you only get to ride 5-10 times

I have over 6000 Kms with no issues. You can "what if" these things to death and re-engineer everything. That's one thing these forums are bad for. You don't hear about the non issues but only the negatives.

Yes guys have had issues but there's a lot more guys that haven't.

No issues with mine.....keep the rubber side down.
My tank was resealed because the sight glass fell into the chain case.
I was there when the tech took it apart and the sealant was very thin, and literally fell off. Not sure what they used, but not much adhesive properties.
Hell, he didn't have to scrape anything off. Just kinda fell off and peeled the rest. He cleaned it up good, put on Yamabond and I let it cure for 2 days before putting oil in.
I can see why if the roll over valve gets plugged it will leak, and also leak just from the crappy seal.

Steve.....please remain calm, I think we need a code word for "oil tank".

I put 4500 miles on my sled with the guts of the roll over valve removed. the body of the valve is still piped up so the tubing is still all hooked up.
again don't try this at home, but it helps

I copied this from Never Satisfied. It was easy and no leaks 2100 miles on my sled.
Never Satisfied instructions.
"1st off I eliminated the whole rollover system from the top of the oil tank to the intake tube. You have to pull off the air plenum to do it. I put a cap over the nipple on the intake tube, FYI it is very very tight to the steering post, the OEM clamp was actually rubbing on the post :(. So with that I had 2 tubes left over, the one from the tank to the valve the other from the valve to the intake. That second hose has a nice 90 degree bend which fits perfectly on the oil tank to direct the vapor down to the floor board. I got a $.29 plastic union and added some 5/8" hose to get it out of the floor board area. I zip tide it to the toe hold to keep it out of the way of my foot. Simple and cheap."

oil-routing-jpg.135733

I copied this from Never Satisfied. It was easy and no leaks 2100 miles on my sled.
Never Satisfied instructions.
"1st off I eliminated the whole rollover system from the top of the oil tank to the intake tube. You have to pull off the air plenum to do it. I put a cap over the nipple on the intake tube, FYI it is very very tight to the steering post, the OEM clamp was actually rubbing on the post :(. So with that I had 2 tubes left over, the one from the tank to the valve the other from the valve to the intake. That second hose has a nice 90 degree bend which fits perfectly on the oil tank to direct the vapor down to the floor board. I got a $.29 plastic union and added some 5/8" hose to get it out of the floor board area. I zip tide it to the toe hold to keep it out of the way of my foot. Simple and cheap."

You might want to check out my pics, most of us all run a longer loop. Your short hose/loop will sure leak oil fast if rolled....something a longer hose design reduces.

Be sure to use Fuel line(not heater/coolant hose)

Dan

img_1115-jpg.136041

img_1076-jpg.136038

Dan is there a recall for this problem, or is this our best option to prevent the crappy seal from going? I just don’t want to run into problems when I go riding....season is short enough when you only get to ride 5-10 times
No recall...according to cat/yam their design is fine...lol

Just ride the sled and keep eye on oil levels, I believe eventually all the factory seals fail, with or without ROV mod.

Dan

Hey Guys, Dan did you remove the air box to plug off the hose in the box, or just cut the line and put a plug in it and clamp, and what about thr small line to switch under fuses?

3k zero issues with heaving oil out the side. However I did experience a seal leak on the summer.

Back