• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Roll-over valve not working? Leaked oil after I tipped sled

DelgatyXTX

Expert
I tipped my sled on it's side on Sunday by accident and thought nothing of it because I had bought the roll-over valve. The sled didn't turn off so turned it off. Tipped it back track-side-down and started it and the oil symbol was on. I let it sit there 10-15 seconds idling and it turned off so I was on my way. Checked the oil when I got home and it was only showing 3/4 way up the cylinder portion of the dipstick. It took about 1/3 of a quart to get back between high and low. I have the K&N kit so I checked the breather filter and there was oily residue on it so it must have leaked through there. I set my valve at a 45 degree angle as per the instructions and the fuse is fine. Here's a pic of the valve, did I do something wrong?

Attachments

• valve.JPG
    valve.JPG
    332 KB · Views: 84

Doesn't sound like you pulled the tether? I dont have a ROV but I think thats how you activate them?

Rov

Rov activates when tether is pulled. Make sure though your red led light is working making sure your system has power. From the picture, it looks like it's hooked up correctly.

Valve only works when tether is pulled. If it is an OFT kit when the tether is pulled it trips the relay sending power to the valve and killing power to the sled. The LED will start blinking.

I see. I'll know for next time, thanks! But one question though - the ROV is available without the MotoR kill switch on OFT's site. How does it work without it?

NVM I think I got it. The MotoR is for if you fall off the sled, without it you need to make sure you hit the kill switch. I have mine set so either will work.

Back