• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rollcall - December 15th thru 17th Houghton/Hancock Ride

You guys have fun will have to sit this one out!

Will you be able to cross the bridge in Houghton? I think I saw the earliest would be December 15th.

Will you be able to cross the bridge in Houghton? I think I saw the earliest would be December 15th.
All turbo sleds in our group, shouldn't have an issue with water crossing
:sled2::Rockon:

I've heard this all week too but every time I've looked at the bridge cam it's been in down position. So I don't know why you wouldn't be able to cross? Sure we'll hear more after some ride reports start coming in from the weekend.
http://pasty.com/bridge/bridge_picture.asp

I've heard this all week too but every time I've looked at the bridge cam it's been in down position. So I don't know why you wouldn't be able to cross? Sure we'll hear more after some ride reports start coming in from the weekend.
http://pasty.com/bridge/bridge_picture.asp

I saw bridge will be open on the 15th. Last year they said the same thing but it was down and open.

I'll start off by saying that I'm going to be green with envy next weekend for all of you guys going on the TY ride. I can't make it due to some family commitments but I thought that I'd share a little info with anyone who's going up....

Yesterday a couple of buds picked me up at zero dark forty and we took a nice Saturday drive up to Pat's Motorsports annual open house to have some lunch and meet up with Kip and his crew and get a belly full of their awesome smoked turkey sandwiches and other goodies. What else is there to due on a nice Saturday in December than drive over 300 miles one way for lunch, right?

IMG_20171209_123114.jpg
IMG_20171209_114126.jpg

The riding conditions actually look pretty good for this early in the season. They actually have enough snow on the ground so they were able to offer demo rides yesterday on new sleds and quite a few people took advantage to try out and buy their new rides.

IMG_20171209_135029.jpg
IMG_20171209_135047.jpg

Yamaha had their big rig on display and the local snowmobile club was there with their awesome groomer on display.

IMG_20171209_130332.jpg
IMG_20171209_134917.jpg

As you can see things are starting to shape up pretty good in that area. We talked to a few guys who actually have been on the trails and they said it was fairly decent with the best conditions around the Twin Lakes area with close to two feet on the ground. We didn't have any time to drive further north than Greenland. I met John Dee at the open house and he told me things are still looking promising for more snow and cold this coming week so the conditions look to improve on an already good start to the season. The snow that is down is mostly the light lake effect stuff that doesn't have a lot of moisture content but if they keep riding the trails the next few days it should form a pretty good base for any new snow.

I hope you guys have some decent trails next weekend and have an awesome time. Ride smart and ride safe and have fun!

Last edited:
Couple guys have volunteered to work all night & help the groomer get the trail set up. Probably stopped to warm up with a shot of "Irish car bomb"

IMG_20171210_182408-640x380.jpg

Back