• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Roller Secondary

I was going to start a new thread on this but came across this one. Did you find out how the Hauck roller did on the Viper? Is it worth doing. I have one at home that I had on my SRX and would like to try it on the viper once I get it on snow. I know the shafts are different for the 4 strokes but are the helix's the same? I have a ton of them to try out as well. I also have another roller I could try as well. Basically bolts to your current secondary. No modification needed. That one has the cat style helix on it. Much like the Yamaha roller rooster. I would be interested on your guys opinions on this and hear from someone who has had them and what they liked and disliked about them. Thanks Rob

I was going to start a new thread on this but came across this one. Did you find out how the Hauck roller did on the Viper? Is it worth doing. I have one at home that I had on my SRX and would like to try it on the viper once I get it on snow. I know the shafts are different for the 4 strokes but are the helix's the same? I have a ton of them to try out as well. I also have another roller I could try as well. Basically bolts to your current secondary. No modification needed. That one has the cat style helix on it. Much like the Yamaha roller rooster. I would be interested on your guys opinions on this and hear from someone who has had them and what they liked and disliked about them. Thanks Rob

I sold the STM roller secondary that was on my Viper when I bought it and put the stock on back on. Now that I have it tuned properly, I can't say that I notice any real differences and I can't say that I am sorry that I sold the roller.

Same here. Can’t really say I notice any difference but the rollers have held up awesome. No issues. Normally go through the buttons every year.

I put this on my turbo viper. straight 43 angle helix. lots of spring

Attachments

• yamaha roller kit.jpg
    yamaha roller kit.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 96
Thunder used to sell these way back. But they work great. Encapsulated roller clutch kit. I got one of the last helixes before they stopped making them.

Thunder used to sell these way back. But they work great. Encapsulated roller clutch kit. I got one of the last helixes before they stopped making them.
I had one on my '98 Cat ZR600, it worked very well. I wonder why Thunder stopped making them? I would buy one for my Viper if still available.

Back