• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rush or Nytro?

I currently have a 2008 nytro and am thinking of jumping ship to a Rush. I found a great deal on a 2011 Rush 800 pro r and I don't know if I can turn it down. I love the power and reliability of my yammi, but I truly think Polaris has takin a turn for the better with the Rush. Any info on whether I should stay with the nytro or go to the Rush would be great. Also some info on how the rush's handle too.

HOMEHARDWARE65 said:
I currently have a 2008 nytro and am thinking of jumping ship to a Rush. I found a great deal on a 2011 Rush 800 pro r and I don't know if I can turn it down. I love the power and reliability of my yammi, but I truly think Polaris has takin a turn for the better with the Rush. Any info on whether I should stay with the nytro or go to the Rush would be great. Also some info on how the rush's handle too.

The Rush was just chosen sled of the year by Supertrax Magazine(should be able to find it online?) but it was the 600 version.

I would check out hardcoresledders and do a bunch of reading, forums imo are better than magazines and shows when your looking for real world reviews.(why you probably posted here)

I know the 2010 engines were less then reliable. Have not heard anything about the 2011. Do some research before you buy.. I know a guy with a 2011 pro r 800 and he loves it.

My buddy has a 2011 pro r 800 and another witha 09 nytro xtx and its a coin toss every time they line up if the nytro was a short track I think it might take it in top end the rush tops out in the 105-108 mph the rear suspension on the rush is better than the xtx but not great as if you adjust for ride you change ski pressure and handling major they require mods like better skis runners sway bars the rear skid has limited info on adjustment you will have to drill adjustment holes in the limiter straps all in all its not a bad sled but you are going to spend more money and not get a better sled Oh 1 more thing the Rush,s front plastic body work rattles like a mother If you think you can live with it I would ride 1 first you get used to quiet on a yamaha but this is down right deal breaking annoying we had one guy who only rides cats get off and thought he had broken something and the dealer said it was normal

It is not the sled everyone thinks...my tech from yammie who rides one..says it bottoms out just like the next sled...it just looks cool...I too have tried it and was not impressed..the thing looks like it would be the best on bumbs..not so..it will bottom out just like your sled does now..No I am not bashing pooo..but the sled is miss leading..I have a PRO RMK ;)! on order ..so its not that I like only yammie...just they look soooo sweet yet dont do what they look like they could do...

I just saw a video on the 2012 rough trail sleds, and the 2012 Rush is supposed to be completely different the way their rear skid is located? That would make me nervous, that later on, no one would give me anything for my sled because is was "that year", or "the old style" know what i mean? Also, my dealer had 5 come in this winter with blown motors, and that is no bs! BUT, they were 600s.
Guys that take the time to set-up their Nytros seem to like them, and by now you'd think all the tips and tricks would be all figured out for you.
So in short, i don't know either, lol. Which one will you lose less money on?

Well for me I don't know a lot about the Rush or the motor. But with yamaha the motor is the last thing you have to think about. And every thing else you have Totallyamaha and the great guys here to help you with. I don't know of a site for poo like this one.

Reliability is the # 1 reason for buying a 4 stroke for me, tired of blowing motors once or twice a year. I really don't think I want another 2 stroke........ever. My riding buddy has a friend that bought a rush 600 this year and I think he likes his. But really have no clue but for those guys it's mostly the cool factor and everything else is on the back burner. Not the most mechanically inclined people. And now my riding buddy wants a rush, even after seeing how my nytro runs and how little gas, no oil to add, etc. etc. etc. So all in all, I would keep what you have and tweak it for next year. Good luck with the decision ;)!

I just read in snowtech something about the 800's having a midrange lean and scuffing the pistons. They look like a fun sled but the motor problems they still have would be a deal breaker for me.

My good friend I ride with has two 600's both have left him stranded on the trail. Had to be towed back.

thank god for the 3 year warrenty. :-o ..lol..and I have a yammie to pull my RMK. LaLaLa ...lmao...I have friends with 4-6 thousand k and 90% in the mountains..and they run great..on the gas off the gas..its the mid range that kills 2-smokes...and that happens basicly on trails.. :tg:

Back