• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

rx1 battery

yamatyb9

Veteran
this is probably a bonehead question but im overlooking something so any help is appreciated... hooking up a battery tender the charge it, the tender is not plugged in but even when i toouch the negative to connect it im getting sparks?? im just wondering why and im obviously over thinking this. any info is greatly appreciated. thanks

yes i have them on the correct colors.. i made sure that wasnt the case! lol
forgot to mention the only reason im doing this is because i turned the key and get nothing so assumed it was dead which bugs me now cause theres obviously some juice left in it?? maybe im wrong

try a different charger if you have one. blew up the diodes in one at work and it was doing the same thing.

If you still get nothing when you turn the key, check the ignition fuse in the little box on the right side of the steering gate.

all my fuses are good, battery is full, still nothing when i turn the key still.. driving me nuts. unplugged the ignition and plugged back in, not sure what else to look at?? please help

Starter selonoid along side the battery. They fail. I believe you can jump the terminals with a screw driver to check it. 100$ from dealer. When mine went road the weekend tried to start it before next ride nothing.

if the solenoid is good then i suspect you have a bad ignition switch. i had one that stumped us for most of the winter on my 05 war until we found it.

come to find out it really helps if the kill switch isnt on!! unbelievable , knew i was overlooking something easy! but im glad it was simple! embarrassed to say it lol but thanks for all the help!!

Back