• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Rx1 homemade blower kit 9 psi

mulot30th

Lifetime Member
Website
youtube.com
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2023 thundercat
apex mountain crracing 174
apex blower 136 for asphalt racing
osp drag race sled (apex engine based)
Land and sea dyno SAE corrected (was 82defF and 83% humidity)

http://www.youtube.com/mulot30th#p/a/u/1/OuORYOVZeZk

215 SAE hp

pump gaz.... and can sustain..... LONG WOT as hell.

intercooler heat buildup showed a slight dip in torque as very end.

funny thing, this is apex engine in rx1 body, and I use the old style dobec/powderlites efi box... does pretty well considering it was never programmed to handle a positive displacement supercharger.

bone stock engine, head shim to run on pump gaz at sea level.

in fact it not so much dialed in.

past 8500 rpm its okay, but the powerdlites chips being made for a turbo setup, it have a hard time coping with boost at lower rpms....

it runs extremely rich in 5000 rpm range and extra lean in the 7500 rpm range.

this thing make full boost at wot a and 4000 rpm.

but only 9.5 psi or so. (pretty small blower)

opcon 2087

0.87l par revolution.

OASR2.87.jpg

screw vs. centrifical

How does thwe screw charger compare to a centrifical one like MPI's? What are the down falls in comparing the two? Also what kinda of reliability does this screw charger have?

I have no issue to this time.

been riding this exact setup as is for two years now.... (mountain sled, not trail)

throttle response is rediculous.

a quick example would be if you lift a centrifugal blower sled on a stand and WOT it, it will take about a second or 2 to reach full rpm/full boost.

this sled, take about the same time as it take to get the throttle to the bar to reach full boost, so it full shift rpm on the stand.

http://www.youtube.com/mulot30th#p/u/8/zK9eUulcodA

your gonna need to show me some pics of the setup installed in the sled.. I am seriously in LOVE after seeing the sled free reving in your youtube video's. Kinda makes me wannd build an SC setup...

As you can see I pieced this together around a old boondocker's turbo intercooler.

Not the most efficient way (losing about 1.5-2# of boost doing that sharp turn.

but I did it with what I had on hand.

anyway, its extremely reliable and over 200hp... not too bad.

Similar to MPI but using 6 rib pulleys and belts instead of cog belts (mpi)

Blower pulley direct to engine pulley, no need for the 'jackshaft/ 2nd set of pulleys like mpi in this case)

This is the manual Bypass valve I had to install, because I could not make a vacuum operated valve to work smoothly with throttle with this blower..

This way, boost is exactly proportionnal to throttle position anytime.

Back