• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

rx1 plastic type specification

victorn

Veteran
does anyone know what are specifications of plastic parts such as hood and side covers are? i would like to use plastic welder to fix few cracks here and there and need to know what to weld with, thanks !

I think the hood is marked with a material designation (Polyethylene + 20% talc?). I can double check that and the side panels later but you can probably find it if you look on the inside.

ok thanks! won't be near the sled for another week, thought of ordering materials ahead so i can do repairs over this weekend! thanks !

Hood is 'PP+T20' (Polypropylene + 20% Talc). I could not find the material symbol on the inside of the side panels with a flash light. If anyone has theirs off the sled maybe they could have a look. might even be under the foam.

thank you so much! i already have ABS ordered for other needs, guess i need polypropylene :)))

Disclaimer: This material is used on my 03 RX-1, I'm not sure what sled you are working on and it could be different so check it once you are there.

Back