• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RX1 Vibration

wyre345

Veteran
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2005 Yamaha RX1
Sled has vibration on foot wells at very low speeds and when you excelerate the vibration goes away. Has a bit of a vibration while sitting and you feed it some gas. Not a bad vibration but still feel on footwell. What should I be looking for if anything?? Sled starts great drives fine but just new to the RX1.

Does it always happen at the same RPM whether you are sitting or going slow? Maybe primary is out of balance?

check that guard thats above the track just under the seat, its only riveted on and them rivets come loose and cause that also.. even just one rivet coming out is noticeable. just my 2 cents had that happen on mine also especially at low rpm's

check that guard thats above the track just under the seat, its only riveted on and them rivets come loose and cause that also.. even just one rivet coming out is noticeable. just my 2 cents had that happen on mine also especially at low rpm's
Nope its not that cause I just had it apart doing the exhaust donuts and headers.

There is an actual aluminum Guard that you can't see from the top.. It's in the middle top of your track. Sorry maybe you've found it but I'm just not picturing what you're saying. It is literally connected to the frame in the middle just above the track again I'm sorry to cause confusion

It sounds like you are talking about the heat shield and although they do rattle when the rivets break it wouldn't cause a vibration. He is feeling a vibration through the running boards at a specific RPM while stopped or rolling and the only thing that is spinning at the same rpm in both those conditions is the primary and the motor internals. Maybe you could find somebody to lend you a primary clutch and see if it goes away?

It sounds like you are talking about the heat shield and although they do rattle when the rivets break it wouldn't cause a vibration. He is feeling a vibration through the running boards at a specific RPM while stopped or rolling and the only thing that is spinning at the same rpm in both those conditions is the primary and the motor internals. Maybe you could find somebody to lend you a primary clutch and see if it goes away?
Ok thanks I will look into that.

Back