• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SC whine

auto2665

Extreme
This is probably normal but since I know very little about the boosted sleds I thought I would ask. When I turn my key to on, most of the time I hear the supercharger whine up for about 8 seconds then whine down. What exactly is going on here. Is it simply a startup procedure?

I think your more hearing the fan run in the prestart check... super is direct drive.

I'm thinking that's the fuel pump but since I'm not sure what system you have and can't hear it in person it is hard to say for sure. The external add on pumps can be pretty loud.

I have a very loud "whine" on mine as well. Oddly, I dont' hear it all of the time but most of the time. It doesn't sound like a fan.

I had a stage 2 on my Nytro and it would wine rally loud at idle. Mine was a bit more noticeable because the air filter was sticking out of the hood.

OP is stating "...When I turn my key to on, most of the time I hear the supercharger whine up for about 8 seconds then whine down..." not when running :dunno:

Sorry, to clarify, it is when I turn the key and start it up. I assume it is the SC since this noise was not there before it was installed. It sounds like a high pitched siren for a few seconds then winds down and I don't hear it again.

Back