• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SCHMIDT BROS sway bar, exhaust, clutch kit=awesome!!!!!!

snomaniac

Expert
My uncle and I got a chance to run our 07 phazers this past weekend in the U.P. My uncles has the hauck git r done kit and freeride track. I had all my schmidt bros products installed, with 96 studs on stock track. All I can say is excellent stuff...worth every penny.

SWAY BAR-- pretty easy install ( approx.1 hour ) Night and day difference in stability and handling compared to stock. Good bye body roll!! Trail handling was phenominal, thing just rails now. Side hilling is much improved very stable doesn't have that really top heavy tippy feel anymore. A must have in my opinion. My uncle is now getting one also.

SINGLE PIPE-- install was again pretty simple, cut off 2 inches of pipe clamp on the single and go. Look and quality are top notch. Sounds killer, no "dull blatty" notes coming from this thing. Crisp,throaty louder than stock sound. Very comparable to the hauck twins on my uncles as far as decibels. NICE!!!!

CLUTCH KIT-- install was reasonably easy. Did it with clutch on sled. Ground out stock weights( rivets) and pound in schmidt bros. Put spring spacer in and all done. Raised my engagement from 3800 to 4200. It changed my shift out from 12400 to 11900. This thing rips, it's got a real sweet spot from 11000 up, just addicting how thick the torque is. Definite improvement over stock.

GYT R DONE VS SCHMIDT BROS.-- We had 57 degree temps on groomed trails and the snow was heavy and shifty. I am 50lbs heavier than my uncle. We both hit 83 mph on the speedo for top end. Not bad considering. From a dead stop my uncle would take me off the line. ( freeride track is awesome) He would hold a sled length all the way. From a rolling start (20 mph) he would get about a half sled from the crack of the throttle, and hold a quarter to half a sled to the end. Traction was a huge issue, as my stock track with studs was no match for the freeride in these conditions. My uncle and I think these kits are very evenly matched performance wise. Price though is a different story. I've got $500 in my pipe, intake kit( same as haucks), and clutch kit, compared to $1200 for the hauck kit. I wish the conditions would have been better for testing, but they sure were great for riding we had a blast!

Schmidtbrosmotorsports.com check out the stuff. Give Chris a call, he has tons of racing experience, awesome to talk to,and has no problem answering questions. Tell him Lee sent ya.(never know what ya might get) :-o

Wow nice stuff!Question.Is the swaybar aluminum?What dia?I am thinking its a softer rate than stock.Something I always wanted to try since when I put stiffer 15mm bar on mine it did nothing at trail speeds.

Sway bar I'd think is stiffer than the spaghetti size stock unit. I think it looks pretty cool installed. It's lots of billet aluminum. Besides it works so well I don't care what it looks like. Chris's knowledge of racing at the soo 500 etc. is what inspired the design. It was worth the $ to me.

cannondale27 said:
Could you measure dia of bar where arms clamp on?
Yeah , when I get home from work this afternoon. If you want to pick his brain I'm sure chris will give you all the info you need. 1-989-756-2150.

Thanks I think I will.When I went stiffer on swaybar it didnt help at all.Aluminum swaybar such as you have are very flexible and I am thinking that is way to go.Looks very similar to one on my quad.

Attachments

• Gravity Oval.jpg
    Gravity Oval.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 97
suspension worked good, stiffer than stock,about a third of the sag, lower ride height,walker evans worked well, no issues. I picked up hygear torsion spring spacers from mr sled( great to deal with by the way) and plan on adding those. Unfortunately that will be next year as my trips are done for this year. Plenty of snow around seney to ride off and on trail for a couple more weeks.( 4ft + off trail) The towns are all cement though. ;)!

snomaniac said:
My uncle and I got a chance to run our 07 phazers this past weekend in the U.P. My uncles has the hauck git r done kit and freeride track. I had all my schmidt bros products installed, with 96 studs on stock track. All I can say is excellent stuff...worth every penny.

SWAY BAR-- pretty easy install ( approx.1 hour ) Night and day difference in stability and handling compared to stock. Good bye body roll!! Trail handling was phenominal, thing just rails now. Side hilling is much improved very stable doesn't have that really top heavy tippy feel anymore. A must have in my opinion. My uncle is now getting one also.

SINGLE PIPE-- install was again pretty simple, cut off 2 inches of pipe clamp on the single and go. Look and quality are top notch. Sounds killer, no "dull blatty" notes coming from this thing. Crisp,throaty louder than stock sound. Very comparable to the hauck twins on my uncles as far as decibels. NICE!!!!

CLUTCH KIT-- install was reasonably easy. Did it with clutch on sled. Ground out stock weights( rivets) and pound in schmidt bros. Put spring spacer in and all done. Raised my engagement from 3800 to 4200. It changed my shift out from 12400 to 11900. This thing rips, it's got a real sweet spot from 11000 up, just addicting how thick the torque is. Definite improvement over stock.

GYT R DONE VS SCHMIDT BROS.-- We had 57 degree temps on groomed trails and the snow was heavy and shifty. I am 50lbs heavier than my uncle. We both hit 83 mph on the speedo for top end. Not bad considering. From a dead stop my uncle would take me off the line. ( freeride track is awesome) He would hold a sled length all the way. From a rolling start (20 mph) he would get about a half sled from the crack of the throttle, and hold a quarter to half a sled to the end. Traction was a huge issue, as my stock track with studs was no match for the freeride in these conditions. My uncle and I think these kits are very evenly matched performance wise. Price though is a different story. I've got $500 in my pipe, intake kit( same as haucks), and clutch kit, compared to $1200 for the hauck kit. I wish the conditions would have been better for testing, but they sure were great for riding we had a blast!

Schmidtbrosmotorsports.com check out the stuff. Give Chris a call, he has tons of racing experience, awesome to talk to,and has no problem answering questions. Tell him Lee sent ya.(never know what ya might get) :-o
Were you to in the Grand marais/ Seney area?

that sway bar is a little much. it would have to add 20 hp for me to put that thing on. lol i think body roll can be elminated by shock valving, spring/air pressure and a differnt stock style sway bar.

snomaniac said:
suspension worked good, stiffer than stock,about a third of the sag, lower ride height,walker evans worked well, no issues. I picked up hygear torsion spring spacers from mr sled( great to deal with by the way) and plan on adding those. Unfortunately that will be next year as my trips are done for this year. Plenty of snow around seney to ride off and on trail for a couple more weeks.( 4ft + off trail) The towns are all cement though. ;)!

walker evans were stiff? i would have never guessed :moon:

my boss wont even use the stock walkers that comes in his race sled cause they are too stiff. we have a running joke at work. when ever the race sleds or ATVs are having shocks done and we need to have them be able to move. we have some 1x2s, that have "walker evans" writen on the side, that are the same lenth as the shocks that we put in their place.
the move about the same. lol

just having ur stock shocks revalved makes a huge differance. my boss did mine and u can actual feel it go from plush to stiff about a 1/3 of the way threw the travel.

i could see where the lower ride hight could be a plus if u werent using all of the travel where u ride and u have sharp corner. it would be alot less tippy. where i ride u need all the travel u can get. so i have to learn to deal with the tippyness or find other ways to get rid of it.

CJW said:
snomaniac said:

Were you to in the Grand marais/ Seney area?
Yes we were. Stayed at the fox river in seney. Rode all over the seney, grand marais, pine stump area.

Back