• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Schmidt Brothers Belt Guard...Anyone Tried One?

mp5

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
09 Nytro XTX
Was looking into this on their site and wondered if anyone has one on their Nytro...and if it's much better than the stock guard, and helps prevent any "left wet boot" syndrome?

I have one...nice quality piece that is far better than stock. I do not have wet foot syndrome so not sure if it solves that or not...pretty easy install too.

Real good add-on, I have it. Just the peace of mind that if my belt breaks its not gonna take out the bottom plastic, and my foot is dry as well.

Stock piece is more for the LBS than a guard so when you lose the belt you'll be straight'n out the oem bracket...

It doesn't solve the wet foot problem. Your foot get wet from all the heat coming out of there and thus heating up your boots and pants until snow hits them and melts. If you only trail ride and never play in the powder then your foot will never get wet. I bought some water proofing spray and spray my boots and pants every third or fourth ride, that seems to work good for me and a heck of a lot cheaper then buying gortex pants. I built my own guard and also sold a few to some local guys around here. I did send one to Nova Scotia but it was not cheap , I think it was $25 just for shipping. It is a good panel protector from a blown belt.

It doesn't solve the wet foot problem. Your foot get wet from all the heat coming out of there and thus heating up your boots and pants until snow hits them and melts. If you only trail ride and never play in the powder then your foot will never get wet. I bought some water proofing spray and spray my boots and pants every third or fourth ride, that seems to work good for me and a heck of a lot cheaper then buying gortex pants. I built my own guard and also sold a few to some local guys around here. I did send one to Nova Scotia but it was not cheap , I think it was $25 just for shipping. It is a good panel protector from a blown belt.

nitris223

Do you have any of your belt guards left? How much to build one for me... if you wanted to?

Thanks
Dan

The guard does nothing to stop wet boots. It will help if you blow a belt but that is all. I have one and personally wouldn't spend the money on it again. Love my nytro but my foot is just as wet as it was before and I did the silicone , weather stripping and closed the hole with a bolt. All did nothing to help. I think it's from the heat melting the powder as well.

Back