• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SE ,LE orDX

BTbt

Expert
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder LTX LE
Started off looking at LTX DX, but thinking of upgrading to LE.Are the springs stiffer on LE or SE?,
Looking at Arctic Cat only models with qs3 kashima shocks are RR models, usually pretty stiff springs.
My friend has a 2016 ZR with the qs3 shocks, they work very well

They say the Qs3 adjustments have noticible difference in stiffness. 1- soft (DX) 2- medium (SE) 3- stiff (LE/RR) it is true they are noticible differences I felt it for my self at the sneak peak.

From Cat ... The rear suspension is completely different with different angles and shocks and springs ... This 17 models should be less stuff than previous years but still a. Ditch banging sled ... If you are looking for comfort get the equivalent Cat LXR model and upgrade the rear shocks .. Probably still cheaper and overall a much more plush ride

Started off looking at LTX DX, but thinking of upgrading to LE.Are the springs stiffer on LE or SE?,
Looking at Arctic Cat only models with qs3 kashima shocks are RR models, usually pretty stiff springs.
My friend has a 2016 ZR with the qs3 shocks, they work very well
Not sure about the springs,but my gut tells me yes,on the LE model they may be,but what will be stiffer will be the valving on the shocks for the LE model,the SE model gets softer shock package,and may have softer springs,my guess is the rear torsions will remain the same rate,but the internals will be stiffer valved than on the SE model.

Not sure about the springs,but my gut tells me yes,on the LE model they may be,but what will be stiffer will be the valving on the shocks for the LE model,the SE model gets softer shock package,and may have softer springs,my guess is the rear torsions will remain the same rate,but the internals will be stiffer valved than on the SE model.

The torsion springs are different I meant .. The entire rear suspension is different. I have had an RR and LXR and snopro... The torsional are different along with the actual shocks but on the LE or RR the entire suspension is different. You can even look at the spec sheet and it will give a "race Ready" description for the rear suspension. It is meant for ditch bangers. With all that being said, they said for 2017 it should be softer than years past but still the stiffest.

What I'm confused about is that all the literature says the LTX LE comes with the RR setup. The ones I saw did not have it and the dealer said that it won't come with it because the RR is only available as a 129 configuration. So I wonder if the literature is wrong or if they are going to build a 137 version of it.

What I'm confused about is that all the literature says the LTX LE comes with the RR setup. The ones I saw did not have it and the dealer said that it won't come with it because the RR is only available as a 129 configuration. So I wonder if the literature is wrong or if they are going to build a 137 version of it.

According to Cat .. Just looked real quick .. In 2017 they are building an RR 129 and 137. Pretty interesting

img.jpg
img.jpg

You can see how much beefier the rails are on the 129 vs the 137

hmm the 129 in those pix also has 2 wheels. I hope someone with connections can find out more about this?

It does say this on the Yamaha site:

Dual Shock SR 137 Race Rear Suspension

The drop-link style Dual Shock SR 137 Race rear suspension is a competition-grade strengthened version of the standard Dual Shock SR suspension package. It is the next generation result of years of punishment and development in snocross and cross-country competition.

Just checked cat's site and the 137 RR's on there are also only showing 1 wheel. The 129's show 2 o_O

Just checked cat's site and the 137 RR's on there are also only showing 1 wheel. The 129's show 2 o_O
The only reason I opted for it,was the shock package,as far as the beefier rails,it wont mean much to me,and I am not into jumping my stuff any more,but for you younger guys and girls who must jump and trash your skids,it would be worth asking for sure.

Hmm also on the Cat RR pix they all show the silver colored connecting rod by the rear shock. (Except for the T Cat). On the Yamaha LE pix I only see it on the 129 and not on the 137. hmm.

4qslkh.jpg

Back