• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Seat and O2 sensor

SideHogger

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 Ltx-Le Sidewinder
2 Questions. #1. Rode a Skidoo renegade yesterday and liked plushness of seat. Anyway of making sidewinder seat a little softer? #2. Do you always have to wait for O2 sensor to warm up before starting. I always do from cold start but friends getting annoyed waiting for me on trails when riding! Lol

The Winder "mountain seat" or crossover seat without the warmer is more plush, higher and softer.

No, you don't have to wait for the sensor to warm up to start, but its good to let the engine warm up anyway after its running, even on a two stroke you don't want to take off on a cold engine.

2 Questions. #1. Rode a Skidoo renegade yesterday and liked plushness of seat. Anyway of making sidewinder seat a little softer? #2. Do you always have to wait for O2 sensor to warm up before starting. I always do from cold start but friends getting annoyed waiting for me on trails when riding! Lol
On the seat.. The 17 winder seat is a lot stiffer then the 2022.. I don't know what year it changed but it changed. You could just buy the seat foam and swap out seat cover..

The Winder "mountain seat" or crossover seat without the warmer is more plush, higher and softer.

No, you don't have to wait for the sensor to warm up to start, but its good to let the engine warm up anyway after its running, even on a two stroke you don't want to take off on a cold engine.

Can I get mountain or crossover and still keep heated seat. I’ve grown accustomed to it and like it on low, on the really cold days.

On the seat.. The 17 winder seat is a lot stiffer then the 2022.. I don't know what year it changed but it changed. You could just buy the seat foam and swap out seat cover..
Do you think they changed the density of the foam?

Do you think they changed the density of the foam?
No doubt in my mind.. So last year I was on my 2017 yet and the other half was on a new 2021 Cat.. It was night and day different..
I run aftermarket seat heaters on both sleds and g]have been for years. I run heat demons .. Either on or off though on the one I run.. I just cycle it..

Another trick is to remove the cover if the seat, go under the seat foam and core the foam taking some density out of it. Some foams even have different layers of density to them.

Something to keep in mind, the softer it is, the greater chance of breaking the heating element wires inside the element.

You can also get aftermarket heating elements to add to the mountain seat too like has been said. Lots can be done to the seats to get exactly what you want. The covers are just stapled on the bottom. Air staplers are wonderful!

I found from doing my riot conversion to 9000 that the 2 stroke gas tank is diffarent than the 4 stroke and the seats will not interchange, i know well because i wanted the mountain seat on the riot, ended up having to vinyl dye my trail seat.

I found from doing my riot conversion to 9000 that the 2 stroke gas tank is diffarent than the 4 stroke and the seats will not interchange, i know well because i wanted the mountain seat on the riot, ended up having to vinyl dye my trail seat.
Just threw this out there so one doesnt pick up the wrong one.

No doubt in my mind.. So last year I was on my 2017 yet and the other half was on a new 2021 Cat.. It was night and day different..
I run aftermarket seat heaters on both sleds and g]have been for years. I run heat demons .. Either on or off though on the one I run.. I just cycle it..
Part number for seat foam hasn’t changed between 17-22 but I will take your word for it cause you were able to do back to back comparison. I only have to compare to Skidoo’s seat.

Part number for seat foam hasn’t changed between 17-22 but I will take your word for it cause you were able to do back to back comparison. I only have to compare to Skidoo’s seat.
That’s weird the part is same. Wondering if anyone else noticed? Maybe post about seats? I’m about 99.9 sure they are different in softness.

Sunday morning was riding my 21 riot 9000 with a 2018 zr9000 trail seat, switched to my 2017 sw rtx for after noon riding and instantly noticed the 2017 felt "taller" and firmer......not just you thinking they ARE diffrent!!

Just hate to buy new foam and have it be the same. Not a big waste of money guy! Lol

Just hate to buy new foam and have it be the same. Not a big waste of money guy! Lol

Use a hole saw and start coring from below in the foam. It will soften it up if thats what you are looking for. Have to take the seat apart though, but its not tough.

Back