• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Seat Concepts/WRP Upgrade Pic & Question

TC Rides

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2007 Yamaha Apex GT
So, I pulled the trigger and installed a Seat Concepts/ WRP foam and cover kit on my '07 Apex. The entire project is pretty simple, if a bit of busy work pulling old stables (maybe 130?). New foam went on (with a Styrofoam insert) and cover centered and stapled onto old seat pan... taut but not stretched.
I am keeping the original cover as it is in good shape. and I could use it if the new cover gets torn; Is there any reason I should consider keeping the old foam? It is original, and while it is in one piece, it certainly is not in new shape. I just can't think of a reason to keep it.
All thoughts welcome!
Thanks
-TC

Attachments

• seat.PNG
    seat.PNG
    941 KB · Views: 137

i kept the foam from the seat i put the kit on. probably going to toss it as it was sacked out with 18000 mi of riding on it.

That’s the thing… I bet I’ll store this for a couple years then after I get fed up tripping over it 150 times I’ll just say ‘screw it’ and toss it anyway. I figured if there was something to do with it, someone here would have thought of it already.

Looks awesome. I was thinking of picking one up for my 07 Nytro!!!

i got one for the phazer rtx/x and it made a difference on that sled.

So, I pulled the trigger and installed a Seat Concepts/ WRP foam and cover kit on my '07 Apex. The entire project is pretty simple, if a bit of busy work pulling old stables (maybe 130?). New foam went on (with a Styrofoam insert) and cover centered and stapled onto old seat pan... taut but not stretched.
I am keeping the original cover as it is in good shape. and I could use it if the new cover gets torn; Is there any reason I should consider keeping the old foam? It is original, and while it is in one piece, it certainly is not in new shape. I just can't think of a reason to keep it.
All thoughts welcome!
Thanks
-TC
might want to keep your foam, I went back to my stock seat after 2 rides, Concepts wasn't for my riding style.

might want to keep your foam, I went back to my stock seat after 2 rides, Concepts wasn't for my riding style.

Same I knew right away it wasn't for me and went back to stock. I was not impressed with the quality of seat concepts either.

Put one on my 2007 Attak last year, wish I did it sooner. Seating position is better (I have a 2” riser), looks better and it’s much more comfortable. The combination of that and the Simmons Flexi skis turned it into a much better sled.

Back