• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Secondary clutch movement?

Jord05

Extreme
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2014 viper mtx162 mcx190 turbo
How much movement side to side should my secondary clutch have on my viper Xtx 2014 ,? Also IM just installing my ulmer clutch kit but can't get my Allen screws out of my weights scared to strip them out, should I just let them soak in wd40 and hope they come out?

Attachments

• IMG_0257.JPG
    IMG_0257.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 166

How much movement side to side should my secondary clutch have on my viper Xtx 2014 ,? Also IM just installing my ulmer clutch kit but can't get my Allen screws out of my weights scared to strip them out, should I just let them soak in wd40 and hope they come out?
Do you mean in and out on the Jackshaft? That is normal. It's a floating secondary. As for the weights someone may have used the wrong Loctite on the screws. Try a heat gun but don't use propane. Too hot.

Do you mean in and out on the Jackshaft? That is normal. It's a floating secondary. As for the weights someone may have used the wrong Loctite on the screws. Try a heat gun but don't use propane. Too hot.
Yes in and out, and thank you I never think of using heat on seized #*$&@ always slips my mind

Thanks for the help every one got the clutch kit in now waiting on the snow to fall to test it out hopefully no bouncing off the rev limiter anymore!!

Back